Helpful
Replies

Cisco / Linksys PAP2T using DNS SRV / NAPTR for calling via Deutsche Telekom

BTG
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco community,

I hope someone can help me.

Our service provider Deutsche Telekom recently wrote us that we will not be able to make calls any more within short term.

The reason they give is that our hardware (Cisco / Linksys PAP2T) is using a DNS config via A-Record. This will be supported by Deutsche Telekom no more.

Instead, they say we need to use a DNS config via SRV.

I already found out that Deutsche Telekom requires to register at their server "tel.t-online.de" with Port 0.

So, the entry in PAP2T needs to be something like "tel.t-online.de:0" or similar. And it seems that "DNS via NAPTR" needs to be specified.

I have no idea if PAP2T supports these requirements.

Maybe someone can give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

BTG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The Cisco PAP2T Internet Phone Adapter with 2 VoIP Ports is now obsolete product and it does not support DNS SRV/NAPTR. You can try with the SPA 112 which does support these features.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The Cisco PAP2T Internet Phone Adapter with 2 VoIP Ports is now obsolete product and it does not support DNS SRV/NAPTR. You can try with the SPA 112 which does support these features.

Regards,

Martin

BTG
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply Martin! This is really good to know.

Best regards
BTG

You may be interested to know that even SPA112 has been claimed EoL (June 2020). Your new favorite should be ATA191 with 3PW flavor of firmware (ATA191-3PW-K9).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: