Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 112 ATA - Setting up the logs

SamBrooker10542
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Could someone please advise me on how to set up the logs so I can analyse an issue with the device regularly losing its registration?

System Information
System Information
Name 
Value
Model:SPA112, 2 FXS
Hardware Version:1.1.0
Boot Version:1.3.1 (Dec 11 2013 - 17:43:53)
Firmware Version:1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2019
Recovery Firmware:1.3.0 (001)

Many thanks.

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA

But it will be rather networking issue. NAT or firewall.

SamBrooker10542
Level 1
Level 1

It always drops the registration after exactly 1 week of being registered. I have got the debug files but they only shows as far back as 1 day when I download them.

It sounds like a misunderstanding. The logs I suggested you to turn on are NOT downloadable from ATA112. And those logs you can download from from ATA112 will not help you to solve the issue.

And what you mean "drops registrations" ? Does it mean the ATA112 things it's not registered ? Or the other side things your ATA112 is not registered ?

But as I claimed already, I'm almost sure it's NAT or firewall issue.

The user reports they cannot call the devices connected to the ATA, I logon to check and the ATA and both accounts say register failed. This is why I wanted to look at the errors on the ATA to see if the ATA was failing or the phone system as there are no errors on the phone system.

Then you need to turn on and catch the LOGs as suggested in my previous message. Also catch the SIP REGISTER packets sent by ATA and the peer responses ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: