Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA302D Wireless Handsets will not register to Cisco SPA232D

fattmarrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

This is my first time working with these devices, I picked up the kit that included the SPA232D ATA adapter as well as a SPA302D wireless handset, as well as two additional SPA302D wireless handsets. I've configured the ATA per the instructions, even got my extensions communicating/registered with my SIP provider, but can't for the life of me get the handsets to pair/register to the ATA. I've searched as much as possible and can't find much help on it either.

The instructions state by default that the PIN is blank, and I even tried others to force an incorrect PIN error - still nothing as if the phones don't see the ATA at all. I am holding the pairing button for 7 seconds for it to begin blinking. I have not tried downstepping the firmware yet, because I'm affraid to run into other issues that others seem to have been having with previous versions.

I'm running SPA232D ATA Adapter Firmware: 1.3.5 (004_267) Jul 31 2014

I'm running SPA302D Handset Software Version: 2.50

Does anyone have any recommendation at all what I could be missing; maybe a setting in the ATA? Any help would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

16 Replies 16

DECT lines still do not make outbound calls or inbound.

Turn on syslog & debug (highest level) of Voice application, catch them. Catch SIP packets as well. It may help us to analyze the issue.

I assume the lines are successfully registered to the configured SIP proxy.