cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a SPA-3102 over a VPN Tunnel

greg
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 VPN tunnels setup (3 separate locations), all with SPA-3102. When I am on the local Subnet, I am able to open the Web configuration setup page, although I am unable to open up the Web Configuration page on a different Subnet (accross the VPN).

I have other devices at each location that also have Web Configuration Pages, and I am able to access all of the other devices without an issue.

I know some devices limt the Web Configuration Page access to the local Subnet, if this is the case, I cannot find the setting for this. If this is not the case, any suggestions.

4 Replies 4

Liviu Toma
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think the web configuration is restricted to allow access only from the local LAN. I think you either have a routing issue (can you ping the SPA3102 across the VPN ?) or the web interface access from the WAN side of the SPA3102 is turned off (in which case you can turn it on by dialing ****7932#1#1 from the ATA's FXS port)

I can ping all of the SPA-3102 accross the VPN tunnels.

I only have an ethernet connection in the "Internet (WAN) Port"

I have the WAN Interface enabled, If I am on the LAN side of a specfifc VPN Router, I can access the Web Interface for any SPA-3102 on that LAN subnet.

Even though I can Ping the other SPA-3102 over the VPN Tunnel, the Web Interface will not appear I am using the default Port 80

Then the only other thing I can think of is that there is something wrong with the MTU of your VPN tunnels. I think I've seen issues like that before but I am not sure what are the "bad" MTU values. I know that with an MTU of 1500 the web access works OK, because I use that on a site that I manage.

methorpe24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Greg,

Have you got the WAN-side interfaces on the SPA-3102 connected through the VPN tunnels? If so, you'll need to have the Enable WAN Web Server option set to yes -- this is in Admin login, Advanced, Wan Setup, Remote Management.

Normally the SPA will only let 'inside' devices -- ones that are connecting to its internal IP address -- reach the web interface.

Give that a try and let us know how you get on!

All the best,

Martin