cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a filter to transfer ONLY certain PSTN Calls (hitting SPA-3102’s Line port) to a remotely located SIP hosted number.

Hi Dan & Howard..

Based on the recent discussion under “SPA 3102 - 'PSTN to VOIP' Call not establishing on CLI/CID enabled Telephone Line“ with you Dan & Howard, I would like to check with you, while I am having the setup like as I shared, when I have a CLI enabled PSTN line connected at Location A, will there be a possibility to have a Dial plan to transfer only certain calls to ‘Location B’ SIP number by writing a Dial Plan or a filter  ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Saying "certain calls" you mean calls with particular set of caller's number ?

It sounds not like "Dial Plan" task - it use destination number ...

I never used SPA3102, so I'm unsure if it is possible to route/filter calls based on source number. Maybe Howard or someone else will enlight us.

View solution in original post

In addition, you have the PSTN-To-VoIP Selective Call Forward Settings which allow you to block or forward certain numbers or number patterns.  You find these settings on the PSTN User Tab.  This feature is listed and documented in the latest Admin Guide.  

This is what the Admin Guide says

Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller 
Eight PSTN Caller Number Patterns to be blocked for VoIP
gateway services or forwarded to a certain VoIP number. If
the caller is blocked, the SPA will not auto-answers the call.

Cfwd Sel1-8 Dest 
Eight VoIP destinations to forward a PSTN caller matching
the Cfwd Sel x Caller parameter. If this entry is blank, the
PSTN caller is blocked for VoIP service.

In other words you put the pattern in the Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller field.  If you leave the destination field blank the pattern is blocked.  If you put in the destination the number is forwarded to that destination.  

I ran a quick test and the feature works.  It either blocks or forwards based on the caller id.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Saying "certain calls" you mean calls with particular set of caller's number ?

It sounds not like "Dial Plan" task - it use destination number ...

I never used SPA3102, so I'm unsure if it is possible to route/filter calls based on source number. Maybe Howard or someone else will enlight us.

Yah Certain calls means some selected ones (honestly I have no any pattern in mind yet), May be for an example...

We can allow to pass thru the following example (false) numbers (# 1 - 5) to Location B thru SPA-3102.

1. 0777 567983

2. 0777 546494

3. 0777 474984

4. 0777 252657

5. 011 2763783

6. 0718 657648

Whereas the following numbers will NOT but it will keep ringing the Local PSTN number instead of passing thru.

a. 0718 155158

b. 0715 646744

c. 033 2287450

d. 034 6484040

If this can be established to a Dial Plan under my Dial Plan 8 as per the SPA3102 image shared earlier then it will be the answer.

Rgds

Pradeep H

And those numbers listed are source numbers ...

Well, it sounds like so complex task for little SPA3102. Such device has not been designed to be regular switch.

But wait for Howard (if he decide to respond) - there may be some magic to accomplish the mission.

Edit: You can allow only certain caller id numbers to access the dial plan with the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" parameter. 

In addition, you have the PSTN-To-VoIP Selective Call Forward Settings which allow you to block or forward certain numbers or number patterns. You find these settings on the PSTN User Tab.  

There is the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" parameter that can be used to accept only certain calls for PSTN to VoIP Gateway service.  

I don't find the reference to it in the current Admin Guide, however this is what it says about it in an older (2007) Admin Guide:

PSTN Caller ID Pattern

A comma separated list of caller number templates such that PSTN callers with numbers not matching any of these templates will be rejected for VoIP gateway service regardless of the setting of the authentication method. The comparison is applied before access list is applied. If this parameter is blank (not specified), all callers will be considered for VoIP gateway service. The PSTN service must include Type I Caller-ID Delivery Service for this feature to work properly. If caller-id is blocked or not available, the caller-id is assumed to be Anonymous. For example: 1408*, 1512???1234, Anonymous
The default is blank.

In comprising a "pattern" there is the following note:

Note: ‘?’ matches any single digit; ‘*’ matches any number of digits.

Hi Howard & Dan

Thanks for the comment from both of you.

Let me test this "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" parameter and see whether it works as per my expectation. Yes looks its a good choice of option available by assuming it works as per the need.

In addition, you have the PSTN-To-VoIP Selective Call Forward Settings which allow you to block or forward certain numbers or number patterns.  You find these settings on the PSTN User Tab.  This feature is listed and documented in the latest Admin Guide.  

This is what the Admin Guide says

Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller 
Eight PSTN Caller Number Patterns to be blocked for VoIP
gateway services or forwarded to a certain VoIP number. If
the caller is blocked, the SPA will not auto-answers the call.

Cfwd Sel1-8 Dest 
Eight VoIP destinations to forward a PSTN caller matching
the Cfwd Sel x Caller parameter. If this entry is blank, the
PSTN caller is blocked for VoIP service.

In other words you put the pattern in the Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller field.  If you leave the destination field blank the pattern is blocked.  If you put in the destination the number is forwarded to that destination.  

I ran a quick test and the feature works.  It either blocks or forwards based on the caller id.

Hi Howard

Since we have the PSTN User tab with the Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller parameters, what is the real usage of having this PSTN Caller ID Pattern ? Should it be used with the combination of both or one at a time ?

If I use "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" should it be for full numbers or Pattern of numbers as you said above. Where is the document I can find bit more on how to write Number patterns ?

Rgds

Pradeep H

Since we have the PSTN User tab with the Cfwd Sel1-8 Caller parameters, what is the real usage of having this PSTN Caller ID Pattern ? Should it be used with the combination of both or one at a time ?

If I use "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" should it be for full numbers or Pattern of numbers as you said above. Where is the document I can find bit more on how to write Number patterns ?

The Administration Guide is the only document I know for documentation.  It is pretty sparse on defining the number patterns for these parameters.

What find about these number patterns is: 
Note: ‘?’ matches any single digit; ‘*’ matches any number of digits.
Along with examples: 1408*,1512???1234

Which would mean allow any string of numbers in the caller id that started with 1408xxxx.. i.e. any U.S. number from the 408 area code or any U.S. number from the 512 area code that ended in 1234 (assuming the caller id is delivered with the 1 country code.

The Admin Guide stopped describing the PSTN Caller ID Pattern: settings and the PSTN Access List: settings in the 2008 and later editions of the Administration Guide.  One can only speculate why.  Perhaps the editor thought the Cfwd Sel1-8 settings were sufficient.

The settings accomplish a different purpose.  The Cfwd settings either block or forward a call to a specific destination without authentication for defined specific callers.  The Caller ID Pattern settings only allow access to the Gateway's dial plan to specific callers which could be returning a dial tone to the caller.

HI Howard

I tested this and works well in my case. However I just tested with the actual full PSTN number to Block and enable to transfer to VOIP destination. See attached. (PSTN to VOIP.JPG)

However as per the admin guide, I can NOT understand how am I write a "pattern" for this ?

would you add little more on this please ?

Also this statement " Cfwd Sel x Caller parameter" as per above, I can not really understand how to make use of this and the Caller Parameter means ?

Is this applicable under "PSTN Caller ID Pattern" in the PSTN Line Tab ? or here PSTN user Tab ?