Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Look this document:

ADMINISTRATION

GUIDE

Cisco SPA100 Series Phone Adapters

SPA112 and SPA122

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide/SPA100_AG_OL-25117.pdf

Pages 95-96:

Example 1:

*1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xy z

Example 2:

*1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwd.pulver.com;nat;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz

At first, I think, after that must be >

But it's not work.

Are You sure that SPA122 with actual soft/firmware - works correctly with @net uid= pwd= in DialPlan?

Read this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide/spa232d_ag_78-20305.pdf

ADMINISTRATION

GUIDE

Cisco SPA232D Mobility Enhanced Phone Adapter

Pages 116,207.

Examples like before but also:

<8,:1408>xxxxxxx<:@pstn.cisco.com:5061;usr=joe;pwd=joe_pwd;nat>

Here You see not only uid but also usr.

In other pdf for family like SPA122 device You also see uid or usr.

So uid= or usr= for SPA122?

Possible there must be ="..." like in some examples for some ATA-family manuals? Or without " " ?

So What string with @ and pwd in DialPlan is right for SPA122?

Or when You made firmware were it works correctly like engaged in documentation for SPA122?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Name,

Thanks for letting us know about the errors in the ATA guides. The SPA1xx and SPA232D share the same/similar dialplan rules as the PAP2T, SPA2102, and SPA3012. It looks like an example was added that was not properly reviewed so I'll file a CDETS for each document and get the dialplan strings corrected.

A better description of the dialplan starts on page 43 in the Digit Sequences section of the http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide/SPA100_AG_OL-25117.pdf guide.

To address the issues here:

SPA112 and SPA122

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide/SPA100_AG_OL-25117.pdf

Pages 95-96:

Example 1:

*1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xy z

Example 2:

*1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwd.pulver.com;nat;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz

Should be:

Example 1:

[comment: I believe that in the example, the author is trying to show that ";" is used as a delimeter between sequence elements but omitted to show the parenthesis around the dialplan and only showed one sequence so no "|" (pipe symbol) is shown. The author also appears to have forgotten the closing angle bracket ">" around the substitution sequence so I've corrected below.

See page 43 of the SPA1xx admin guide that you'd linked to for more details.]

(*1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz>)  [note: space is removed between y and z in xyz in the password]

The example is trying to show that if the user dials any number starting with "*", followed by "1" and any 10 other numbers, the entire dialed sequence is replaced with @fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz [note: I'll test this and report back later]

Example 2:

similar comments and corrections as above

Thanks,

Patrick---

Thanks, Patrick! Shall wait for your checks!

Also attention for USR= or UID= variants there and look all your software SIP manuals: in DialPlans there is nat or nat=yes or nat=no - what's right? Or without 'nat' word when there are no NAT.

And nat word - before uid/usr= ;pwd= Or after?

Please edit Theme: DialPlan string for SPA122 with <@sip-operator;uid/usr= ; pwd= >

Must be: <:@sip-operator;uid/usr= ; pwd= >  -- With ':'

Remember about setting:

Make Call Without Reg: yes/no. I think there must be yes for it.

Example 1: *1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xy z

The example is trying to show that if the user dials any number starting with "*", followed by "1" and any 10 other numbers, the entire dialed sequence is replaced with @fwdnat.pulver.com:5082;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz [note: I'll test this and report back later]

Because of other thread I tried it by self (on SPA112 fw ver. 1.3.2). And it seems your conclusion ("entire dialed sequence is replaced") is wrong.

I have phone connected to Line 1 and I used following Dial Plan:

(1xxx|50xx<:@kgw.xxxxx.cz:5060;uid=50xx;pwd=xyz>|<51:88@kgw.xxxxx.cz:5060;uid=51xx;pwd=xyz>xx|52xx<52:89@kgw.xxxxx.cz:5060;uid=52xx;pwd=xyz>)

1. Calling 1002 the INVITE has been sent as obvious - according the configuration of Line 1.
  2. Calling 5002 the INVITE for 5002@kgw.xxxxx.cz:5060 has been sent to kgw.xxxxx.cz
  3. Calling 5102 the INVITE for 88@kgw.xxxxx.cz:5060 has been sent to kgw.xxxxx.cz
  4. Calling 5202 the INVITE has been sent same way as 1002 - it seems that substitution part has been ignored entirely.

Unfortunately, substitute string containing :@ construct is not documented in Administrator Guide beyond one example located outside of paragraph dedicated to Dial Plan. So it's not possible to decide if behavior observed in cases 2-3 follow documentation or not. All three cases needs to be considered "undocumented feature" now. Production use should not rely on undocumented features as they can change anytime.

Example 2: *1xxxxxxxxxx<:@fwd.pulver.com;nat;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz

Such example is wrong not only because the same reason as Example 1 but also because the port number is NOT optional. Dial Plan parser (at least in fw 1.3.2) expect the server name start past '@' and end on first ':' character. If no port number is present like in Example 2 then entire string is considered server name (e.g. DNS request for the A record named fwd.pulver.com;nat;uid=jsmith;pwd=xyz can be seen on the wire which obviously fail).

Again, as exact syntax of format is not documented, it's not possible to decide if it is intentional behavior or parser's bug.

Kind of related and maybe useful to those who have been struggling with this setup...

I played around with similar dial plan setting to use another SIP provider for outgoing calls and here are my observations (using 1.4.1sr5 FW):

Note that the 2nd SIP provider did not require registration so my observations are only related to call setup (INVITE)...

1) I tested the settings for SIP provider 2 on Line 2 and captured wireshark logs of that setup which was working fine.

2) I then used 07xxxxxxxx<:@sip.provider2.com:5060;uid=provider2username;pwd=provider2password as a dial plan entry. This failed because my SPA122 used the user id for Line 1 SIP account to authenticate when it should have used the uid provided in the dial plan.

Solution:

1) Luckily the SIP provider offered the possibility to authenticate using only the originating IP address. By using that I can now successfully use the 2nd provider for outgoing calls.

2) I also imagine that it would work if it would be possible to Control the given user ID so that same user ID is used for both accounts but I haven't been able to test this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: