cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Touch tone not transferring to Device that is plunged into it. SPA112, 2 FXS

hi

we are trying to setup a viking RC-2A to Release our Door

it needs to receive a touch tone code from the phone in order it should release when we are doing it with a analog phone it works perfectly fine. but if we do it with the line going thru the SPA112 ATA Device, it just doesn't release , i believe its because the DTMF is not going thru to the viking device 

i'm running Firmware version 1.4.1

any Idea on how to make sure that the viking device gets the Touch tone from the phone ?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your description of the environment is so vague. It seems you have and analog device, Viking RC-2A connected to a line of SPA112. And there's an other phone, connected elsewhere, that wish to send DTMF to Viking. I'm unsure about the exact path between such phone and SPA112, codec used on digital part of the path, and DTMF transfer method selected. So hard to advise something valuable.

So, please describe complete path between Viking and the device trying to send DTMF.

We are using RFC2833 for DTMF sending.

For sending ? I assumed so far the Viking should receive DTMF, not send it.

Please describe exact environment and call path (as requsted already).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: