Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory Reset not disable password on SPA112

marthe
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

When press the star key four times: ****, the spa112 said "Enter the password...". (We lent the device to a supplier)

Press and hold the button for 10 seconds to restore the factory default settings not disable password!

thank for you help!

Marthe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was in impression you have tried already default password 1234, and you looking to reset.

if not please  Try default password as suggested 1234 let us know.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You want to reset the SPA112 to factory reset, then follow below procedure.

This method will perform a full firmware level restore to defaults. In other words, it will restore Both Network configurations AND Voice configurations.

1. Using the end of a paperclip, press it into the red hole marked RESET, located on the bottom-left side of the back panel of the SPA112. Press and hold for at least a full 10 seconds. Cisco documentation is currently stating to hold as much as 20 seconds. 10 seconds is working for me.
    SPA112_Rear.jpg
     SPA112_Rear.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 8718 times
  2. Power LED will start to blink when the restore process begins.
  3. Power LED will continue to blink for a total time of ~ 150 seconds.

When the power LED stops blinking (after ~ 150 seconds, or 2.5 minutes has elapsed), you should be able to log back into the SPA112, if desired.

NOTE: 
The rear-panel RESET button (Factory Restore feature) can be disabled by logging-in as Administrator, and then navigating to the Administration menu and selecting the Reset Button menu option. By default, the rear-panel RESET button is Enabled. (This option only affects system restores; not reboots)

SPA112_Reset_Button_Disable.jpg
 SPA112_Reset_Button_Disable.jpg (52.87 KiB) Viewed 8718 times

Final Note:

• If you only want to restore Network settings OR Voice settings back to default values (but not both), you will need to use the Cisco Configuration Utility procedure outlined in method 2using your web browser access.

BB

Hi balaji.bandi

I can't reset with your mƩthod method 1, the system ask password!

for method 2 using your web browser access. We don't have IP adress. We looking for. My manager didn't find.

Tomorrow, I will try password 1234 (Dan Lukes)

thank for your help

Marthe

I was in impression you have tried already default password 1234, and you looking to reset.

if not please  Try default password as suggested 1234 let us know.

BB

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems you missed User Guide. Default administrators password is not empty, it's 1234 instead.