cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset of PAP2T

gustavolsson
Level 1
Level 1

This is sort of a shot in the dark since there are a couple of good reasons why this should not be able to do at all, but here goes: We have some customers from time to time that switch to us from other service providers. Some of them have PAP2T units (not RC model) that won't reset (****73738#) without password set by their previous provider. Most providers charge a hefty fee fo unlocking the units the "right" way. Is there any way around this?

I see a similar post on this issue but with the RC model, so I figured the procedure might be a bit different for non-rc models, hence this post :-)

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gustav;

Let me try to clarify the working behavior of the password:

- Password mechanism set by service provider is done to protect the business model of the service provider. Service provider may be subsidizing the unit, so they may not want the customer to switch to another provider (this is related to the service and HW contract). If you are using your own device (the one you bought), there is no reason for the SP to set the password.

- If you are swicthing providers, then the SP has the right to give you (or not) the password, depending on the service and HW contract. If it is your unit, the SP shall give you the password for free, provided the service/HW contract allows it. The contract may have a fee associated to this opening of the box.

With the RC model, which is for Service Provider only, the security model is even stronger. These SKUs are for one SP only

Regards;
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: