Replies

Line 2 No dial tone

cdionne58
Level 1
Level 1

Hy everyone, 

I own a SPA112, 2 FXS, The problem is, line 2 has no dial tone

Here's what I tried to resolve it.

1- Swap my phones from line 1 to line 2 and line 2 to line 1 in order to verify that my equipment is not the cause, result, same problem, no dial tone on line 2

2- Look at the system information. Here's what I see 

Line 1 Status
Hook State:     On Registration State:     Registered
Last Registration At:     1/26/2018 14:32:27 Next Registration In:     32 s
Message Waiting:     No Mapped SIP Port:      
Call Back Active:     No    
Last Called Number:       Last Caller Number:      
Call 1 State:     Idle Call 2 State:     Idle
Call 1 Tone:     None Call 2 Tone:     None
Line 2 Status
Hook State:     Off Registration State:     Registered
Last Registration At:     1/26/2018 14:32:27 Next Registration In:     32 s
Message Waiting:     No Mapped SIP Port:      
Call Back Active:     No    
Last Called Number:       Last Caller Number:      
Call 1 State:     Invalid Call 2 State:     Idle
Call 1 Tone:     None Call 2 Tone:     None

The problem is that line 2 has a status of hooked off even when there's no phone connected to

3- Tried a Physical reset : Same result

4- Tried to update the firmware from 1.3.3 (015) to 1.4.1 SR1, Result :"Changes cannot be applied while calls are in progress" Of course because the Hook State is Off 

My conclusion is that the adapter has a hardware problem that can't be fixed using any software or what else.

Any suggestions are welcome 

Salutations Clement

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is registered on a CUCM or CUCME ?

Don't know where to find this information neither what this may interfer in the current issue. Please be more specific

I meant what is the call agent ? How are you using this for calls ? Where do you register this device ? Check this -
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/small-business-support-documents/configuring-spa112-with-cucm/ta-p/3146702

Ok now I understand what you meant. However, i can't apply your solution because the problem is upstream. I forgot to mention in first place things I tried to do to resolve this issue, I can't even return to Factory Defaults. The system return error message Changes cannot be applied while calls are in progress. Please try again when phones are idle.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The problem is that line 2 has a status of hooked off even when there's no phone connected to. My conclusion is that the adapter has a hardware problem that can't be fixed using any software or what else.

You are true. There's nothing to suggest. You need to replace faulty unit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: