Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SPA3102 PSTN TO VOIP CID in Italy

voiptelekom
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

We try to setup the call forwarding with an SPA3102, which is working well from PSTN to my phone. Now we have the following problem:

If i forward the call, then the right CID is left, instead of this i see only as caller: sip:**********@IP of my phone. Instead of this i need to see the caller's number.

I attach a file containing the current settings.

Please help us find out the problem.

Thanks,

Gergely Kiss

Voip Telekom Hungary Kft.

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Let me try to understand the question. You are trying to setup a PSTN to VoIP GW call, isn't it the case? If so could you please provide also the debug traces for the SPA3102 or the network traces?

Regards
Alberto

Dear Alberto,

What we try to do is to link the incoming pstn to voip nr with the caller's

right caller ID. The forwarding is ok, but we have no the caller ID.

Thanks,

Gergely Kiss

Voip Telekom Hungary Kft

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Gergely,

Please read the topic "spa3102 & CID" in this forum. The problem is at the CID handling. We are waiting to the correction almost one year. Maybe you have the same problem.

Regards, Tamás Borlay

Sampo1976
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem:

I am having a problem with cid when forwarding pstn call to voip.

I am living in Italy, and my service provider is Telecom Italia. The symptoms I have are the following

1- PSTN call received

2- Phone rings, CID is displayed correctly

3- If the phone is not answered after the 2nd ring (Same call), the CID switches to "Private Name, Private Number"

I am running firmware version "5.2.13" on my SPA-3102".

Regards,

Francesco

Over the years there have been a lot of postings about this problem.  It looks like there may be multiple causes.  Looking at some sip debug traces it seems clear to me that it is sometimes caused by a flakey pstn line and a sensitive SPA3102 trying to decide if the call was answered by a device on the line external to the SPA3102.  In other words a SPA3102 monitoring the line voltage and current then deciding that the call was answered external to the SPA and discarding any caller id associated with the call.  Then the SPA3102 senses more ringing and starts ringing a new call without any caller id.  At least that is my theory.  I am not aware of the solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: