Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T configuration with 2 provider

maraszlamas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'd like to configure my PAP-2T gateway to use it with two phone provider.

Exactly: I'd like to use my outgoing calls to mobiles through one provider and to mobiles through another.

Anyone could tell me how to do it?

TIA

marek

5 Replies 5

I know how to configure that with one provider and probably even I know how to do it twice on two lines but how to make pap2t to choose proper line/provider according as first digit in dialed number is 22 or 12 (e.g.) ???

To my knowledge and experience with PAP2T-NA, the two lines operate separate and independent from each other.

Line-1 connects to an analog telephone via its Phone-1 jack.

Line-2 connects to another and different analog telephone via its Phone-2 jack.

The two lines do not interact and are not controlled via the other line.

You could connect a two-line analog office phone to the two ATA phone lines and just press Line-1 or Line-2 on the office phone to select which line to make your outgoing calls on.

looks like it's the only one solution on that hardware

thanks

marek

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maaaaaaa

I think that there is a way to do that.  BUT your user ID and password must be the same in both providers and  they might allow you to do the call without Registration.

For that (my guess) you should enable Ans Call Without Reg: and Make Call Without Reg:

Don't configure any Proxy.

Configure your username and password.

Your Codec.

AND

At the Dial Plan use something like this

(*xx | [1-5]xxx xxxxx<:@provedor1.com>|[6-9]xxx xxxx<:@provedor2.com>)

I  will have to confirm how PAP2 will behave with it, if it apply as  desired above the Service Provider contained in the Dial Plan in his URI  it will work.

I have no Idea if will it work. Today night I will test it in my SPA2102 and post the result here.

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sorry for the big delay on testing, but it's confirmed.

With the configuration above it will work perfectly.

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: