cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring SPA122

Colin Brown
Level 1
Level 1
I am having an issue trying to set up an SPA122 to use an analog phone with VOIP.

Cisco SPA122 (ATA with router), LAN, 2FXS.
HW Version: 1.0.0
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 (004) Jul 31 2014
Serial No. CCQ165005MO

In Windows 10 I have used "View Network Connections" to disable Wi-Fi and enable Ethernet and can connect to
the modem on http://192.168.15.1 and login with cisco/cisco.

My New Zealand internet provider has supplied VOIP number and password, SIP proxy and port.

After factory resetting the SPA122 I have changed and saved the following settings:

Administration - Management - Web Access management:
Remote Management -> Enabled

Voice - Line 1 - Proxy and Registration:
Proxy -> provided SIP proxy

Voice - Subscriber Information:
Display Name -> provided VOIP number
User ID -> provided VOIP number
Use Auth ID -> yes
Auth ID: provided VOIP password

The default SIP port of 5060 matches the provided SIP port.

Next I connected the SPA122 internet port via the same Ethernet cable that works plugged into my Win 10 computer
to one of my Netcomm N600 (NB16DG) modem Ethernet ports.

Changing my computer back to use Wi-Fi and disabling Ethernet I wirelessly can reaccess the Internet via the N600
through my fibre connection.

However I cannot see http://192.168.15.1 now. Also, and more importantly, my analog Panasonic cordless phone
plugged into Line 1 on the SPA122 is not able to send/receive calls.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Colin
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SPA122 is SPA112 (ATA) bundled with router. If I understood your network topology, you need no router, so you will use just WAN port (the blue one, labeled 'Internet') of the SPA122. This port needs to be connected to Netcomm.

The 192.168.15.1 is the default IP address of the LAN port (the yellow one, labeled 'Ethernet'). You can access it while you are connected to yellow port, but it's not the case you described.

Windows connected thru WiFi need to use IP address of the blue WAN port to connect. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which one it is. The IP address in question is assigned to SPA122 by Netcom - so check your Netcom to see what IP address has been claimed. Or connect your Windows to yellow port again, use 192.168.15.1 to access UI and read address assigned to WAN port here.

View solution in original post

I see your attachment that shows no "Password" field. I believe you are logged in as "User". I think you should be logged in as "Admin".

Use the Administration > Management > User List page to manage the two user
accounts for the configuration utility. The administrator-level account has the
default username admin and password admin. The user-level account has access
to modify a limited set of features. This account has the default username cisco
and password cisco

I don't have my own SPA122 to validate, however I assumed the SPA122 was similiar to older SPA models, and the SPA100-200 Admin Guide does show a Password field (pg 92)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide_SPA100/spa100_ag_1_3_5.pdf

What you are after is to have the Voice/Information page show the Registration State as "Registered"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SPA122 is SPA112 (ATA) bundled with router. If I understood your network topology, you need no router, so you will use just WAN port (the blue one, labeled 'Internet') of the SPA122. This port needs to be connected to Netcomm.

The 192.168.15.1 is the default IP address of the LAN port (the yellow one, labeled 'Ethernet'). You can access it while you are connected to yellow port, but it's not the case you described.

Windows connected thru WiFi need to use IP address of the blue WAN port to connect. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which one it is. The IP address in question is assigned to SPA122 by Netcom - so check your Netcom to see what IP address has been claimed. Or connect your Windows to yellow port again, use 192.168.15.1 to access UI and read address assigned to WAN port here.

Thanks Dan

That has solved one of the mysteries. Connecting the blue WAN of the SPA122 to the Netcomm and then looking up the Netcomm DHCP client list showed me that the address 192.168.20.101 was assigned. From the Win 10 computer via WiFi I can now access the SPA122 web control interface :-)

Also, when I try and make a phone call out, three of the green LEDs on the SPA122 light like they used to when I used this modem previously.

However, I am still unable to make calls out so maybe the VOIP configuration is still wrong.

Cheers
Colin

However, I am still unable to make calls out so maybe the VOIP configuration is still wrong

I would put your "provided VoIP password" in the "Password" field instead of the AuthID field as you stated and set Use AuthID: No.

After you change the setting, assuming you have the default setting Register: Yes, you should be able to access the "SPA122 web control interface" Info tab and see that the "Registration State:" says "Registered"

Thanks Howard

I would like to do that but cannot find a "Password" field in the configuration menu in the Line1 tab! Please see attachment.

Cheers

Colin

I see your attachment that shows no "Password" field. I believe you are logged in as "User". I think you should be logged in as "Admin".

Use the Administration > Management > User List page to manage the two user
accounts for the configuration utility. The administrator-level account has the
default username admin and password admin. The user-level account has access
to modify a limited set of features. This account has the default username cisco
and password cisco

I don't have my own SPA122 to validate, however I assumed the SPA122 was similiar to older SPA models, and the SPA100-200 Admin Guide does show a Password field (pg 92)

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide_SPA100/spa100_ag_1_3_5.pdf

What you are after is to have the Voice/Information page show the Registration State as "Registered"

Hi Howard

With Chrome I had tried admin/admin and got:

Invalid Username or Password.
Please Try Again.

I am such a bunny. It helps when one uses a fine enough wire to actually hear the hardware reset button go "click".
After that, it was trivially easy to put the appropriate values in the quick menu to get it going :-)

Cheers and thanks again
Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: