cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reboot reason:H736c0047

tiendalinux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a cisco spa8800 which keeps rebooting with the following message on syslogd, does anyone have to resolve this issue ?

Is there any way to do a hardware reset on the unit ? i can't use the ivr to restart the device.

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

alagier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Nestor

Thank you for emailing Partner Helpline escalation alias. Please note this alias is used for case escalations and/or to provide us with feedback about cases that were handled by Partner Helpline.

I have reviewed your question posted in our Cisco community about the rebooting issue with your Cisco spa8800 (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3809469#3809469) and found out that this is a case best handled from our Small business Support. You can reach them through Phone, Chat or Community support.

Phone support for the U.S. 1 866 606 1866 or true the link you can find a list of different countries supported http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html#csb

Chat support can be found under the following link https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinechatsupport and Select your country; a new window will pop up and start your chat.

Cisco support Community can be found under the following link https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Please note, that due to Holidays a response can be delayed.

Please let us know if this could help you out.

Have a great Holidays.

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

Virtual Engineering | Team Lead

SICK, SICK, SICK,  i am sick with this device, i replace the spa8800 with a new one and the problem appears again , i have worked with grandstream gateways before and i regret from them because of their stability, but the spa8800 is even worse, i worked with the spa3102 and i love it, i don't know what i was thinking when i decide to replace the spa8800 with a new one instead of going for a couple of spa3102 that works far better, i have called the number you gave me but i have spent more than ten minutes online and then the system hang up. So what to do ?

I call the ivr :

1 866 606 1866

english , 1

smb 2,

new case 1,

have id 1,

voip 2

linksys 3

ten minutes later ...

hangup

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

When you picked up the replacement was it doing that straight out of the box or did you make some configuration changes and then it started doing the loop?

I did retry the phone tree and when I first dialed using the same selections after a few it hung up, but the second time I got straight through to the correct department.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Eric, is possible that you as a cisco small business employee can retrieve the codes and tell me what the reboot reason code: H736c0047 means ? this is the only clue we have for now, i hope this forum will be usefull, so please tell me what that code means ? please ?

Hi,

I found the rebvoot reason list and added this to the questions.

it sounds like another code with a  hardware issue , mentioned by Patrick .

If the device won't come up and it's under warranty, please call in 866-606-1866.

Can you reflash the firmware on the ATA? that might resolve your issue if it's not hardware.

There are a couple ways to reflash the firmware on these devices.

use the firmware .exe file

-through the web gui under admin and firmware (I think)

-using  the web interface and issuing

http://ip.of.ata/admin/upgrade?tftp:ser.ver.ip/path/

-through an upgrade rule with provisioning.

if the device is not booting, option 2 and 3 are probably not going to work.

Then it may be an RMA.

Dan

Hi Nestor,

What version of firmware is loaded on the SPA8800 please? I need this to further investigate the reboot reason.

Thanks,

Patrick---

Hi, this is the data:

MAC Address : b8621f883868

Model: Linksys/SPA8800

Firmware: 6.1.7(GW)

Serial: (CBT153800D4)

Hi Nestor,

Do you still have the syslog messages prior to seeing this reboot reason? If so, please post or send them to me at paborn at Cisco.com because they may help us understand the source of the error message.

Thanks,

Patrick---

Hi,i sent you the logs i have by email, please confirm reception.

Hi Nestor,

I've received the logs and am reviewing them.

Thanks,

Patrick---

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for the log files. I've been through all 233MB of them, that's 2,560,363 lines of log data from Feb 17th through Feb 22nd. Wow!

Unfortunately, the logs you provided all show the SPA8800 working well and the log data does not reveal any issues or hints of issues.

Looking again, I've found some clues and am investigating further. I've found several instances in the log file of the reboot reason that you report. I'm working with my engineering colleagues and will report back.

You mention in the first post that you have "... a cisco spa8800 which keeps rebooting ..."

Can you configure logging on this troublesome SPA8800 and then provide the log file when the SPA8800 exhibits the symptoms and reboots with the "reboot reason:H736c0047" code?

I need system debug messages so please set as follows:

Voice tab > System > Miscellaneous Settings > Debug Level: 3 set.

There is no need for SIP debugging so disable as follows:

1. Voice tab > Phone N > SIP Settings > SIP Debug Option: none
    2. Voice tab > Line N > SIP Settings > SIP Debug Option: none

Thanks,

Patrick---

Hi Nestor,

After analysis of the reboot reason code, it turns out that your SPA8800 is overheating.

You mention in an earlier post that this is the second SPA8800 to present these symptoms. This makes me concerned that there is an environmental issue at the SPA8800's location.

Some suggestions:

• Make sure that the device is not placed on a hot surface
  • Make sure that the side vents are not blocked in any way
  • Make  sure that there is not a heat source feeding into a side vent. In other  words, room-temperature air should be going into the side vents, not  warm air from a heater or from another piece of equipment
  • Make sure that the fan is spinning, it's quite loud so you can hear it if no other equipment is running near it.

Regards,

Patrick---

Hi Nestor,

What do you have connected to FXS 0? on the SPA8800?

The debug log shows that the SLIC in the SPA8800 is trying to protect the circuit on FXS 0. Could this device be suspect in any way? Could you try replacing it with just a simple analog phone, or if already a phone, try switching it out?

Regards,

Patrick---

Hi Patrick,

Hope this discussion is still open and read and that I'll find some help.

Got same behavior of my SPA8800 here in France.

It keeps rebooting with same reason code since Friday 26th July 1:30 PM tells the syslog. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to do with overheating since the box has been sitting in a rack for a year+ I think, with air conditionned. 20°C in room, quite pleasant to have fresh time there. Fan is spinning fine. Air can flow inside device free.

But... that day was stormy. Note that the SPA was powered by an online ups, and that nothing was connected to FXO ports. only 3 FXS were still used, on independant cables inside the building.

To be more precise, on FXS 0 (the first FXS I guess), there was a DECT phone (at the end of a 30-meter long cable). All unplugged, I still have the issue, even with network unplugged too.

Is there a chance to make it work again ?

Is there a chance I save my config before throwing it away if it is the only this to do with it ?

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Regards

Jean-Xavier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: