cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

reboot reason:H736c0047

tiendalinux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a cisco spa8800 which keeps rebooting with the following message on syslogd, does anyone have to resolve this issue ?

Is there any way to do a hardware reset on the unit ? i can't use the ivr to restart the device.

Thanks.

20 Replies 20

Hi all,

Does someone have some more info about that reboot reason ?

Does it mean my SPA8800 is dead ?

Tks for feedback.

Best regards

I never got a succesful response from cisco, I tried to found a solution using all the methods they offer: forums, chat, email, phone and no one knows what the H736c0047 means, the only thing I got were newbie recomendations.

How can we fix the device if we don't know what the H736c0047 code means ?

The only thing I found was that 'H' means Hardware.

I will not recommend such device to anyone, better go with a couple of spa3102.

Horrible Support.

Hello Nestor,

I can see some  some questiones from my colleagues above that you have not answered.

Also they have already provided you the answer to your concern.

The SPA reboot reason is because of overheating - check Patrick's post. He also had some concerns that you might have environmental issue and that's why two units are doing the same.

Also you never answered

- if the unit is doing this straight out of the box or after some configuration changes. (Eric's question)

- If you have tried unpluging the device from FXS0(Patricks suggestion based on the log output)

can you please clarify:

- is the device rebooting constantly - every few minutes?

- are you able to login to the WEB GUI at all?

- If you can login, are you able to re-upload the firmware and reset to factory?

I also found your case that was open some time ago and based on the notes there the unit is in a rebooting loop, which means that there is not way to access it, reset it or do anything at all? is this correct and if yes, how did you gather the log with the reboot reason in this case?

Let me know if this summary answers your qustion and please answer the questions above so we can further investigate.

Regards,

Tsaneta

Hi, all those questions had already been answered via email/chat/phone but for your records:

The unit was working fine and suddenly began to reboot, I sent to patrick more than 200 MB of debug log, isn't that enought ?

I have removed *all* the cables except the power cable and the unit keeps rebooting.

Clarifications as you requested:

1. The units keeps rebooting, look at the logs I sent to patrick.

2. No web login, No IVR.

3. No way to factory reset, any way to do that opening the device ?

The H736c0047 code, just mean 'overheating' ? I can't belive this, there should be a better explanation, the enviromental conditions are so cold that I doubt is just 'overheating'.

Thanks.

The H736c0047 code, just mean 'overheating' ? I can't belive this, there should be a better explanation, the enviromental conditions are so cold that I doubt is just 'overheating'.

If device claim overheating but envromental conditions claim it's just not possible, then simplest explanaton is - the internal sensor used for detection of "overheating condition" doesn't work properly.

did you get this problem fixed? i am having the exact same problem except I dont know where you got your code from. Mine just keeps doing the reset loop.

I am curious why this is happening now esp since my customer has replaced their system with something else as they have a bad taste in their mouth since their uc320 died a few weeks back and now the spa8800 has followed suit