Views
Helpful
Replies

Register a SIP Soft Phone or Desk phone with SPA 3102

krishan.saran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

We have one SPA 3102 and one Analog line we want to extend that analog line to different location, i tried alot and but cant find the proper documnet for that which says how to program SPA 3102 as a SIP server, All documents says how to register with SIP provider, we dont need provider, we want to use SPA3102 as SIP server and want to register IP phone with it or another SPA 3102,

If we can make with Registarion that will be great, because down the road we want to register our phone system with it.

Any one have any Idea or documument will be realy appreciated.

Krishan  Saran

8 Replies 8

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi krischan

Do you really need to register?

Would fit to your deployment to do calls without registering? this is to apply on spa3102 and i can help you on it.

Thanks

Regards

Andrey Cassemiro

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes sir i need to without registration its working between two ATA's means i connected two ATA's 2102 and 3102,and its working, but if we can make it working with registration tha n i can register my PBX with it, and use for some another applications, e.g door Prones,

Mostly Viking door phones needs a Analog line or give an Analog output, supose i have a location where we have only IP phones Phone system is at different location, using this unit i can connect an analog door phone with PBX and different location

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishan,

I'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding your question. But without registration you can do all this, another thing, why dont you register your ata on your ipbx?

Regards

Andrey Cassemiro

Sorry for misunderstanding, Actually i typed wrong i need my IPBX to register with SPA 3102 if possible, it will give me more flexibility, i want SPA 3102 to use a SIP server and IPBX as Client, than i can register as a SIP trunk on my IPPBX, and it will give me more flexibility for ringing multiple extensions.

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishan,

Me again

What ipbx are using?

Contact me at my email then we can talk and find a faster solution to your deployment.

acassemi at cisco dot com

Thanks

Regards

i am trying to do the same as well but much simpler . i just want to register my sip phone to the spa 3102 and make the call to the PSTN line ..

Hi

Is that SIP phone and ata adapter on the same network, if yes than you can login in to ATA ADAPTER and go under user and setup a username and password and enter same username and password and authentication code will be username sip server will b your ata IP address

saifulas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Krishan ;

SIP Phone to dial out via the PSTN line

I got the SIP Soft Phone ( BRIA ) working perfectly fine without registration and can make outbound call.

Deskphone to dial out via the PSTN Line

But i can't get the desk phone working  ( i receive dial tone but cant make outbound call ) . The status on the info shows when the hook state off on the Line 1 , the same does not happen on  the PSTN 1 .

Do you have any idea why ?