Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Office what do I need?

fernandezjesus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently in need of a simple, cheap solution to my problem. Our office currently has 3 incoming analog lines (1 dedicated to a fax) and a patch panel that give us internal only extensions (No if you know the extension blah blah from the outside). When a call comes in, all extensions ring at once, and everything works great.

I am in the process of working from a remote home office for the next few months to a year, and will like to have my extension ring at my home office. We do not want to change our existing infrastructure just for this, and will only want to re-route my internal analog extension to a remote phone.

Am I correct to assume that if I buy a Cisco SPA3102 set it up on my office extension and get a remote IP Phone or VoIP box that I can achieve my desired results?

In the end, I will like for the existing analog lines to remain intact, and only my phone extension to be available remotely ringing at the same time as the rest of the internal extensions. Outgoing calls will also be routed back to the analog patch panel.

As you can see I am not a technician in this area, but with some decent documentation and the right hardware I am positive I can solve the problem at hand.

Thanks for your time, and if this is on the wrong section then I apologize and by all means move it to the appropriate section.

Jesus

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

You need to have SPA3102 and SPA2102 connected via a VPN to transfer 1 line.

Regards
Alberto