cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SAP3102 UK Caller ID not working

antonical
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get Caller ID  working. That last PSTN caller is not shown on the spa3102  web/admin/voice/advanced page internally the last pstn called number is  shown.

The last previous firmware was 3.3.6 currently the spa3102 has 

Product Information
Product Name:SPA-3102Serial Number:FMxxxxxxxxx
Software Version:5.2.13(GW002)Hardware Version:1.4.5(a)
MAC Address:xxxxxxxxxxxxxClient Certificate:Installed
Customization:Open

I  can post any config needed if someone can assist me with this. I have  read about everything I can find on the web over the last few weeks and  cannot find an answer to this. See attached config file.

I MUST STRESS THAT I AM IN THE UK so US or other solutions do not work!

Any help or assistance appreciated.

Best regards

Anthony

11 Replies 11

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not UK citizen. You didn't mentioned the operator you are connected to. You supplied no debug&syslog catched during the connection.

Despite of it, the Caller ID FSK Standard:= bell202 sounds very suspicions to me - Bellcore encoding is rarely used outside of United States, Canada, Australia, China, Hong Kong and Singapore.

British Telecon use v.23 as far as I know. So try it. Post full syslog&debug if it will not work

----------------------------

By the way, you posted the same question into three threads.

(this thread)

Do you wish that someont trying to help you will respond three times ? I'm not going to do do something like it.

Dan thanks for the reply. I just found this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSK_standards_for_use_in_Caller_ID_and_remote_metering that confirms v.23 I have tried that but does not work. I posted in the other places because a lot of replies in respect of Caller ID so hoped someone might still be watching those threads.

Anyway thank you for taking the time to respond. There is simply no CID being passed from the gateway to my 3CX system. I can see the server logs on 3cx in realtime. I read somewhere that downgrading the firmware to 5.1.7 helped some people. That may be my next step.

I will look into setting up syslog.

Anthony

Did you verified the CID is send trougth FXS line at all ? For example using a phone known to display CID ...

If yes, and you know that CID is passed, then full syslog & debug messages are next step. And it would be noce to have content of SIP's INVITE packet sent from 3102 to 3CX as well.

Dan,

Yes ID is working on the line.

I downgraded the firmware and then re-upgraded to the latest and CID is now working fine. No idea what the issue was with the latest firmware. It seemed to upgrade perfectly the first time and all options seemed to be there.

It looks the same now as it did before but CID now works perfectly.

Many thanks for your help.

Anthony

Rate helpfull answers ;-)

Glad to hear it works now.

Hi Dan, All

What was the version that you downgraded and re-upgraded ?

My unit is based in Sri Lanka. What other parameters to check or change in order to get Last PSTN Caller parameter to pick the Caller ID.?

It was Anthony, not me.

Hi Dan

Thanks, Apologies for the confusion. However my Last PSTN Caller is now displaying with some parameter tweaking. As per some forum recommendation by Partic as per below..

Voice tab > Regional tab > Miscellaneous >

Caller ID Method: ETSI DTMF

Caller ID: [try bell 202]

Voice tab > PSTN Line > International Control >

FXO Port Impedance: 270+(750||150nF)

On-Hook Speed: 3 ms(ETSI)

Current Limiting: yes

Hi All

Not sure whether I am replying to the forum or to someone .

However Caller ID still not working propely.

As soon as I setup the Parameters as below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice tab > Regional tab > Miscellaneous >

Caller ID Method: ETSI DTMF

Caller ID: [try bell 202]

Voice tab > PSTN Line > International Control >

FXO Port Impedance: 270+(750||150nF)

On-Hook Speed: 3 ms(ETSI)

Current Limiting: yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It works for couple of calls and after that it stops working.

Hi

I'm having the same problem, I configure my spa3102 and the CID is working right, but after turn off or after some time, it stops working and I have to put the Dial Plan all aver again in the device so it can work fine.

I'm from PERU, it has anything to do with my country?.

I'll thank any response please.

Kind Regards.

I do not know how to thank you state that they are not very prepared thanks to you but have managed to connect to PSTN SPA3102 and 5 other line always spa504g cisco small business the trick was on the dial plan and combined with ip 3102 ip phones I provide the correct strings SPA3102 for:

Dial Plan (S0 <: @ 192.168.1.4:5060>)

proxy and registration voids all other parameters I have copied from your open discussions

then for the spa504g Cisco small business

1 ext enable yes

proxy that points to the 3102 192.168.1.20:5060

custom dial plan (S0 <: @ 192.168.1.20:5060>)

although here you can improve ....

that is all

thank you very much

Joseph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: