cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up two Cisco SPA 112 VoIP adpter in a small business setting.

Josephs22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to setup a voice connection between our organizations buildings which are connected via wireless bridge and share same ip address. I have read up and Cisco SPA 112 seems the best option (one in each building). 

This setup is just for inter office comms and not outside comms so I guess SIP setup is not required.

Does anyone have an idea on how to set it up? Really need help on this please.

3 Replies 3

It  is possible without registration, you will have to first configure a static IP address in each ATA device, as your dialing pattern will be userext@remote-ata-ip-address:5060 for the remote ATA to ring , all calls will arrive to each  ata as an anonymous call.You will have to play a bit with the dialplan of each  ATA to achieve this.

The other option is that you can use an open source pbx  or  free sip to sip calling  services from onsip they allow you to register several sip devices free of cost that are able to dial each other by using a 4 digit extension.

https://www.onsip.com/blog/sip-account

***Please Rate All Helpful Posts***

P.Williams

@Patrick.Williams wrote:

It  is possible without registration, you will have to first configure a static IP address in each ATA device, as your dialing pattern will be userext@remote-ata-ip-address:5060 for the remote ATA to ring , all calls will arrive to each  ata as an anonymous call.You will have to play a bit with the dialplan of each  ATA to achieve this.

Thanks for the response Patrick. The issue is that i know next to nothing about using VOIP adapters and there are no discussions online about intra organisation calls. I only started developing an interest in it and want to introduce it to my employers as a better and cheaper alternative. What did you mean by "userext@remote-ata-ip-address:5060" is that something i need to input in the setup interface. I want each line to have its own extension as they will be connecting between two buildings and important departments. Is that possible without having to use a 3rd party linkup?

More info would be greatly appreciated.

The 3rd party option is starting to look like the better and easier option but i dont want internet connectivity to play a role in the connection until i can sell the idea to my emplyers and make them see the other capabilities of using VoIP.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: