Views
Helpful
Replies

Sipura SPA1001 disconnects after 25 seconds

zoltar999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am at the end of my rope here. I have used this Sipura SPA1001 for about 3 years without problems using 12voip and other voip providers. Recently I have replaced the O2 wireless router because it kept resetting itself at random times and was driving me mad. O2 customer services sent me a new router which worked for a while then started doing the same thing. Having looked at forums online I found out that a lot of users have the same problem as me with this particular router made by Thomson, but O2 do not want to admit they are having a problem with these routers and prefer trying all sorts of other things. So, having had enough, I decided to get my own wireless router and  bought a Belkin N1 Vision, a nice piece of kit, very easy to configure, and had it up and running in 10 minutes. However, since replacing the router, my SPA1001 is disconnecting all outgoing calls after exactly 25 seconds. Incoming calls are fine. I forwarded ports 5060 and 16384-16482 on the router (did not have to do this on the old router), looked at every single setting on the Sipura, tried changing some settings but so far I have had no luck, all my outgoing calls are disconnecting after 25 seconds.

Has anybody had this problem before and does anyone know a solution to this? I would really appreciate any help I could get.

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Cristian;

Yes, this is a common issue. It has to do with (improper) port security setting/behavior at the router which understand the flow is a security attack and block it.

The bad/good news, depending on the router model, you may or may not be able to modify the security settings (firewall) to avoid the call disconnect. If not possible, then only possibility is to change router.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: