Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112 and 122 returns 486 Busy Here while line is idle

braymond1963
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running on an issue where the SPA112 (and also ran into the same on an SPA122) returns a "486 Busy Here" on the INVITE request even though the line is idle.

I tried a soft reboot and even upgraded it to 1.3.2 but still no luck. Nothing much coming from the debug and since it is not the first time this happens, I would like to see if others ran into this and what was done to recover from it.

I am asking my customer to unplug the ATA and wait a minute. I'll see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Benoit                  

3 Replies 3

What is the line status during issue? On-hook or off-hook? You can find this informatino in voice menu.

Regards.

On-hook of course. If it was off-hook, the unit would have not rebooted and since I upgraded the firmware, any condition should have gone away.

That's the second time so far I had run in this condition with two different ATA.

Just to close on this topic, I actually suspect the customer to have activated the DND (*78) by mistake since we have *98 to get to voicemail.

Unfortunately, the unit got replaced so can't confirm but looks like a reasonable explanation and behavior since you don't want DND state to change on unit reboot and even firmware upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: