cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112 No Dial Tone

rrenner001
Level 1
Level 1

I use Callcentric for by business phone. I've been using a Grandstream ATA. A few weeks ago, it seemed to quit working, so I bought a SAP 112.

Hooked it up to our Linksys router and then to our Comcast modem/router just as the previous Grandstream had been., and set it up according to the Callcentric site for this product.

Cannot get a dialtone. All I get is dead air or a clicking sound. Sometimes it will dial a number - very slowly - then all of the info on the phone screen goes away. I've tried connecting directly to the modem as well as I'd like to eliminate the Linksys router. No change.

Contacted Callcentric and they decided our Comcast modem was the issue (it was a Technicolor model) so we switched it out for our only other option, a Cisco dpc3941t.

Still no dial tone. I'm not that technologically proficient at this kind of things and I'm at a loss. I've accessed the modem online and played with setting to no avail. Tried updating the firmware. 

Tried "disabling SIP ALG" (something Callcentric suggested with the Technicolor modem)  but when I try to via the Microsoft telnet command, I get an error message: Could not open connection to the host on port 23:Connect failed. Not sure that would help with this new modem anyway, but thought I'd try it.

Can anyone please walk me through what to do to get this to work?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

jbattist
Level 1
Level 1

Hello rrenner001,

Sorry the device is not performing as expected.  It sounds like this is a complicated issue with a few different devices.  Since you just purchased the SPA112, it should be covered under warranty.  You can call 1-866-606-1866 and open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support team and they would be able to assist you in a more efficient way.

Since you are not getting a dial tone, we would have to first verify that communication is established to Callcentric and the registration process proceeds properly.   Packet captures and logs off the unit would assist in resolving the issue. 

Please call the support center and open a case for this issue.  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: