cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112 - placing calls on local WIFI between lines?

Jan Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community

Just bought a SPA 112 that seems to be working just fine, apart from one thing:

We can't seem to place local calls between the two lines (long cable between two buildings).

It rings but goes quiet and hangs up after making a call and the other side picks up. Any chance of a hint?

Also curious if I need to set something specific for use in Sweden? Seems to work fine, but still.

Should I tweak something else? The dial plan?

thanx very much for any help!

Jan A.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. How long is the long cable ? What's cable type (disclose AWG or diameter).

2. Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. It may help to analyze the issue.

if I need to set something specific for use in Sweden

According your wishes.

Your user may not be satisfied with US progress tones or US ringing. You may configure some more suitable for Sweden if you wish.

Ring Waveform, Ring Frequency and Ring Voltage  needs to be configured according your end-phone requirements.

Dial Plan needs to follow dial plan of the PBX the SPA112 is registered to as well as user's requirement. There's nothing like "one configuration fit all requirements" dial plan - even for particular country, including Sweden.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. How long is the long cable ? What's cable type (disclose AWG or diameter).

2. Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. It may help to analyze the issue.

if I need to set something specific for use in Sweden

According your wishes.

Your user may not be satisfied with US progress tones or US ringing. You may configure some more suitable for Sweden if you wish.

Ring Waveform, Ring Frequency and Ring Voltage  needs to be configured according your end-phone requirements.

Dial Plan needs to follow dial plan of the PBX the SPA112 is registered to as well as user's requirement. There's nothing like "one configuration fit all requirements" dial plan - even for particular country, including Sweden.

Thanx Dan, appreciate your help!

You set me on the right track, as I did find some localised configfiles that were good starting points and then tweaked from there.

The cable length was not an issue as the same thing happened with phones plugged in locally so 

I will put that down to the general config for my locality too.

Thanx again!

It rings but goes quiet and hangs up after making a call and the other side picks up
The cable length was not an issue as the same thing happened with phones plugged in locally so

Well, it may be network issue instead. Turn on and catch syslog&debug as mentioned above, also catch an affected phone session (SIP packets as well as RTP packets).

Dan,

Sorry, I was unclear.

You fixed all my issues by setting me on track to set the swedish settings.

That in turn made all my issues go away. I found a starting cfg file and tweaked that.

I am all set.

Thanx again! 

OK, glad to hear you solved all the issues.