cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-122 issues

Motofreak
Level 1
Level 1

Well what can I say ?  we purchased a few 122's for testing & product evalation and with the latest firmware SPA1xx_1.1.0_011.bin about a week after flashing it, there is now static sounds and buzzing coming from spa-122 ata, once I swapped out the spa-122 for a good old pap2t or my 2102 units works like a charm sounds great and no issues period, Has anyone seen or heard of an issues reguarding  dialtone static/buzzing sounds?

Thanks

31 Replies 31

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

So far after 7 days, not even an issue reported with SPA122 Version 1.3.2 (009).

Cisco should release this version to public ASAP. If you have issue, ask them to release this build to you.

Finally, my ATA lasted more that 2 days without issues, hope it stays that way.

Have a great long weekend!

Dan

Hi Patrick, can you provide a link for the release

Payton_1.3.2_009_031113_2324_pfmwr.bin?

Regards.

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

False Alarms, the issue is still present, it was forgotten to be reported to me in the last few days. The issue still manifest itself when a voice msg is left on the SPA122. It looks a bit more stable, but still not perfect yet.

Sorry for the delays and false hope.

Dan

Same problem.

We have about 2000 SPA2102 CPEs and they are very stable.

Recently we started to deploy the SPA122 model.

Actually we have about 50 new CPEs installed.

Every day our contact center receive call from customers due to freezing of SPA122.

The WEB GUI is unreachable and we have no response to PING.

If the device works in bridge mode, the below equipment works fine.

The only way to solve this issue is an hardware reload of SPA122.

We have tested also the beta firmware 1.3.2(009) but it doesn't fix this issue.

The bug toolkit doesn't show anything about CSCud27804.

News from Cisco?

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

FYI, just got today another inacceptable response from Cisco, honestly I'm very frustrated with this new SPA122 that has been release to public without proper QA, that replacement of the SPA2102 should NOT has been release to public, I have a OPEN CASE since September 2012 > 9 months open ticket, troubleshooting hell with them, and they can't even offer me a replacement, upgrade to working product, offer alternative... Warranty is about to expire, then I'll be stuck with a broken, untested and useless device. What are our rights?!? I may sound very ULTRA frustrated, well I AM. Cisco customer service suck with VOIP product. I've been in network engineering for > 22 years, never experience that low quality support with Cisco and other vendors... I can't even escalate the issue to upper, they are just not cooperative. Not only EVERY owner of an SPA122 are having unstable issues, well too bad for us for purchasing that item, we are alone without support and endless efforts on reseting the bad not working devices...

Patrick Born, can you do something for me (us), do you think it's acceptable that kind of services?

Response of today: That's quality and service...

----- Message d'origine -----

De : Alex xxxxxx [mailto:xxxxx@cisco.com]

Envoyé : Thursday, April 25, 2013 05:26 PM Eastern Standard Time

À : me

Objet : Re: spa122 - High pitch noise with dial tone when phone is off hook

Greetings,

The following is a case status update courtesy notice.

The issue you reported remains open with Engineering & Development teams.

This issue may be addressed in a forthcoming Maintenance Release firmware,

however there is no ETA for this release. We will continue to monitor

Engineering & Development team progress and notify you as soon as any

updated information becomes available. Please let us know if you have any

questions.

Kind regards,

Hi Daniel,

I'm going to research the issue associated with CDETS# CSCud27804 and report back.

Note: I'm not in Cisco Support so please continue to work with the Support folk.

I'm also going to locate your service ticket, get it escalated within our support and product teams.

Regards,

Patrick---

Thanks Patrick,

hope you can do something within Cisco, because me as a customer, I'm pretty much on my own. Any assistance will be very welcome.

Have a great day!

Dan

Dan,

I'm working on it. I'm really sorry to read about your experience.

I'll be in touch by email before the end of the day (US Central Time).

Regards,

Patrick---

It seems I'm having the same issue with nothing fixing it.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4163334

Oh still have the issues, even with the latest frmware the issue still exist,  We have given up and these models. With a basic feature like VMI turned on causes the static dial tone/buzzing noise will happen after a handful of days.

I cannot in good faith hand out theses SPA112 & 122 units with the fear of them crashing/static noises when a customer needs to make a E911 call! >>>>>>>> This problem should be priority number one <<<<<<<<<<< 

The only solution is to move on. After 1.5+ years from being released, they still cannot provide a ata adapter that was as suscessful (and stable) as the SPA-2102.

Unfortunately also my experience with SPA122 is not good.

During 2012 and 2013 we bought about 200 units but we have replaced the entire stock with SPA2102.

Too many issues.

SPA1x2 (and SPA232D) needs to be considered "work in progress". I have it in my test lab, but no one in production network. Fortunatelly, we have sufficient stack of PAP2T units.

Is there someone with SPA8800 experience ? Is it SPA112-like device, or is it a different platform device ?

I'm having intermittently the same issue "weird loud noise when the phone is off the hook, can't hear Dial Tone". 

It happend every 2 or 3 weeks.  I can't reproduce it.  It is not caused by the MWI.

I have to reset the unit or receive a new call and answer it to fix it. Then I'm ok for a few weeks.

Firmware : Version 1.4.1 (002)

I joined the logs... I have'nt found anything there.

At 7:30 everything was fine, at 11h10 there was that weird sound.

That's the sound : http://goo.gl/EEzbc

Cisco's development and support guys are responding neither user questions nor they comments issues & firmware bugs reported here. They wish not to be in so tight contact with customers.

If you will disclose syslog&debug log there's a slight chance someone will give you an advice.

Here comes the logs... I have'nt found anything there.

At 7:30 everything was fine, at 11h10 there was that weird sound.

That's the sound : http://goo.gl/EEzbc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: