Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 122 remove restricted access domains

pascalarnold
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My spa 122 has a customization profile active and i want to remove it. But i don't know how to do it. Firmeware Update, Factory reset, disabling provisioning don't help.

I tried to create a sample config file with the Cisco Profile Compiler but no luck, the spa 122 tell me everytime Restore failed...

All i want is to remove the settings from the customization, like "restricted access domains" ect.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

mfg

Pascal

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If a device is customized for particular ISP, then you need to ask such ISP to change restricted options.

OK thank you Dan for your answer.

I bought the box from an ISP, but i don't want to use this ISP, so i can not reset the config to default settings without customization ect? With a sample.cfg file from anywhere?

The device is ordered by particular ISP and tied to it (and mostly sold by them at lower price than unrestricted devices).

It's intentional that such device can't be used with other ISP ...

Hello: I am actually looking for the opposite.

I belong to an all volunteer emergency communications group. We run our own PBX and use exclusively older Cisco phones for our volunteers. (like the SPA-2102, SPA-303, SPA-514, Etc....)

I am trying to figure out how to lock the "Restricted_Access_Domains" to our servers so if one of our phones goes missing it can't be sold and used. I can't find any information anywhere on what to modify in the provisioning file that will insert our domain and lock it.

We've tried changing the [ua=] to ua="na" and inserting our domains in the Restricted_Access_Domains part of the provisioning file. Any Resync does load values we placed in the provisioning file, but the Restricted Access Domain field does not add what we put in.

Looking to understand what we need in order to lock these phones to our server.

Bill

Please create new thread for it. While it's partially related issue, it have so different goal to be discussed here. Thanks, Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: