Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-2102 active open loop

gerhardkreuzer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to use a DECT phone with my SPA-2102. When a call is finished and the user of the DECT phone (Gigaset E630) forgets to end the session by pressing the red button (hook on) than the phone stays off hook for inifinite time.

The base of the Gigaset doesn't recognize the busy tone, so no chance.

Is there a way to config the SPA-2102  to actively end the call? This is done by the provider of public analog phone lines, so this Gigasets working there but fail on PBX systems or ATAs which doesn't show the same behaviour.

Thanks a lot for helping.

With best regards

Gerhard

8 Replies 8

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your Gigaset supports CPC (Calling-Party-Control) signal, then turn it on on SPA2102 (CPC Delay > 0).

Hi,

whatever CPC is, it doesn't work out.

My Settings:  CPC-Delay = 2; CPD-Duration = 5

The phone stays off hook for 3:46 minutes now, and yes I have saved the new config.

As I wrote (in my bad English) The ATA has to actively cancle the call by interrupting the loop as a official telephone line provider will do here in central Europe.

With best regards

Gerhard

The official term for "interrupting loop" is Calling-Party-Control.

But note the "calling party" part of term. This method has been created to control called phone.

You didn't mentioned the call direction. There's no standard way to hung up the *calling* phone so far.

PBX may try to use CPC even on calling side, but it's not standard. Gigabit phone may honor CPC as calling device, but it's not standard.

SPA2102 support no nonstandard signalling here.

Hi Dan,

thanks for the answers.

After the party not using the DECT phone and the ATA hungs up I hear the busy tone in the DECT phones speaker. After some seconds I hear the hook off warning tone, both were generated by the ATA. I know this, cause I can change signal pattern by changing the settings in the ATA.

After the hook off warning was done completely, the DRCT phone is still hook off but with silent audio. This lasts virtually for ever if you don't press the hook on button at the DECT phone.

The PBX also shows the extension as idle, so the PBX starts signalling if the next call arrives and the caller start thinking, ok, nobody at home ..

With best regards

Gerhard

I still don't know you are the calling or called end of the call thus I'm unable to provide short and clear answers.

If you are the called one, then the tone pattern you described mean the CPC is turned off. Because with CPC on you will receive busy tone, then CPC signal is fired - and if phone ignores it, dial tone will follow.

If you are on calling side, there's no way to override users choice. If user decided to leave phone off hook, then it will remain of hook. You have no way but learn users how to use phone properly.

The PBX also shows the extension as idle, so the PBX starts signalling if the next call arrives and the caller start thinking, ok, nobody at home ..

If the phone is off hook, then SPA2102 doesn't claim the line to be idle. So I don't understand what you mean "PBX *also* shows extension idle". Moreover, next call delivered from PBX to SPA will receive busy response - unless you have Call Waiting feature turned on.

Hi Dan,

ok, we have two cases.

1.) I call the DECT phone. After stop talking I hook on my phone but the user of the DECT phone do not. First he hear a busy tone and than the hook off warning tone. After that the DECT phone is off hook for infinitife time.

2.) The DECT user called me. After stop talking I hook on my phone and the DECT user do not. First he hear a busy tone and than the hook off warning tone. After that the DECT phone is off hook for infinitife time.

Problem is, that the user of the DECT phone is my mother, age 96.

With best regards

Gerhard

I assume the DECT phone is the one connected to SPA while "my phone" is located elsewhere.

1) I have no experience with SPA2102. May be you hit a firmware bug, may be the behavior is intentionally different. I have no SPA2102 in my test lab, so I can't test it. With CPC and permanent off-hook you will get dial tone periodically on all ATAs I know.

2) There's no signal like CPC defined for calling side. CPC may or may not be supported by phone as non-standard feature, unfortunately, it's unimportant as SPA doesn't use CPC for calling side phone. As far as I know, of course ...

There's not so much we can do for your mother. Either you need a DECT phone that can detect busy tone and hang up automatically. 

You may use a direct ATA<->DECT convertor (e.g. with no intermediate POTS analog line), like SPA232D ATA with SPA302 handset. With limits of POTS line the ATA can force handset to go off-hook. I can't claim for sure you will be satisfied - just attempt to advise possible solution.

By the way, you should verify the ATA considers call cancelled.

If the call is still active, then no CPC will be sent to phone, of course ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: