Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-3102 fw 5.2.13 and Japanese Caller ID

newbiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I upgraded my SPA-3102 to the last version of Firmware, then I tried to input correct settings (V23 FSK / DTMF) for Japanese Caller ID provided by NTT Telecommunications on a analog trunk (PSTN Line).

I got some information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID#Regional_differences

Unfortunately I can't see the correct Caller ID on the IP Phone connected, even if I tried many different settings.

I am wondering if SPA-3102 supports NTT Caller ID protocol or not.

I sent a mail tu support a week ago, but no reply yet (reference number 130324-004382).

Can you support me?

Sincerely, L.S.

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It the first, search for link to SPA-3102 Admin Guide, then read chapter 4 description of Caller ID Method. I see no NTT CID here.

Japanese CID (aka NTT CID) is special. It starts by line polarity reversal, followed by short ring (0.5s on, 0.5s off). The called device should go off-hook. Then telco sends the Caller ID in the Japanese FSK  definition; phone goes on hook; then telco sends first "standard" ring. No supported Caller ID Method seems to be simmilar to this.

Check the regional tab of configuration page of your's SPA-3102 for avaiable Caller ID Methods. There may be a method added by a new firmware not mentioned in Admin Guide. Unless you found appropriate method here then you are out of luck (IMHO) ...

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your kind support. You described very well the NTT CID. Unfortunately I tried all the possible combination of CID Methods and polarity reversal, but I can't get the correct CID by the trunk.

I will keep looking on new firmware for NTT CID support, but last one has been published more than 1 year ago, I think CISCO will not add it in the future. And wait a little bit for an answer on this thread.

Sincerely, L.S.