Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3201 - problem with incoming calls

hamann.w1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed a new SPA 3102 connected to an asterisk mini server; the phone and line plugs connect to the existing land line and phone.
The device has current firmware, and the one and only ethernet cable plugs into the WAN port - these two steps made one direction work. I can dial a number on the phone, the call passes through the asterisk, and goes out to PSTN.
The other way, however, does not work: I get syslog entries that the call is detected, but the device does not send anything to the server (as verified with wireshark)
The dial plan is
(S0<:1234>)
but I also tried
(S0<:1234@ipaddress>)
and a few more variations

This is the syslog entries:

FXO:Start CNDD
caller id parse number=callingnumber
-- Caller ID:
--     Name             = (null)
--     Remote Number    = callingnumber
--     Dialable Number  = (null)
--     No Number Reason = (null)
FXO:CNDD name=, number=callingnumber
FXO:Stop CNDD
FXO:CNDD Name= Phone=callingnumber
AUD:Stop PSTN Tone
FXO:On Hook
the next sequence repeats a few times, probably as long as the line is actually ringing
FXO:Start CNDD
FXO:On Hook
FXO:Stop CNDD

Where would I look next?

I found a hint in a past discussion, and this in fact solved the problem: the "PSTN ring timeout" needs to be longer than ring time + ring pause, and "PSTN answer delay" should be sufficiently short

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, so incomplete description of configuration. There is so many dial plans to define, but you didn't specified which one you configured.

Please read SPA3102 Call forward PSTN to VOIP. I wish it will help you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, so incomplete description of configuration. There is so many dial plans to define, but you didn't specified which one you configured.

Please read SPA3102 Call forward PSTN to VOIP. I wish it will help you.

Hi,

thanks for responding.

I had found out about the timing problem in the meantime, but did not find a way to mark this thread as solved.

There are two timing values: one is the PSTN answer delay, and the other one the PSTN ring timeout.

It seems that ring timeout should be longer than ring time + ring pause. As long as this conndition is not met. the dial plan is not even considered