Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 AASTRA 5370 PHONES

Xen0m
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I tried to connect my 5370 to the SPA112 and it seems to be impossible to initialize. I thought it was possible because of it 'analogic' conception but i guess it was made only for our PBX...

Does anyone have already tried those kind of phone on the SPA112 ? There is an option to make it work ?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

SPA112 is an "analog telephone adapter" and has standard FXS analog ports.

From the site http://www.aastra.sg/aastra-5370.htm seems that AASTRA 5370 is a digital phone that use proprietary protocols.

So no way to work together.

Regards.

Thanks you for the explanation.

Was kinda expecting the problem anyway... need to find some new phones now :)

@Daniele Giordano wrote:

SPA112 is an "analog telephone adapter" and has standard FXS analog ports.

While it's good approximation of correct answer for the purpose of this thread (digital phone is incompatible with analog og any kind), I would like to note there's no standard for analog FXS port. Analog line parameters vary between countries and sometime even between operators of particelar country. So even an analog phone may not be compatible with SPA112.

SPA112 provide FXS port with following specification:

Ring voltage: 40–90 Vpk configurable
Ring frequency: 20–25 Hz
Ring waveform: trapezoidal
Maximum ringer load: 5 ringer equivalence numbers (RENs)
On-hook voltage (tip and ring): –46 to –56V
Off-hook current: 18–25 mA
Terminating impedance: 600 ohm resistive or 270 ohm + 750 ohm 150 nF complex impedance
Off-hook threshold (line seizure): Rdc < 1000 ohm
On-hook threshold (line release): Rdc >10000 ohm
Rdc DC supervisory range: Rdc > 450 ohm

Only analog phone compatible with those parameters have chance to work with SPA112.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: