cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 can not restore konfiguration on firmware 1.4.1 SR3

Ralf_H
Level 1
Level 1

My englisch ist not so good. So i keep it simpel.
Problemw with SPA112: Only with firmware 1.4.1 SR3 i can't restore a backuped configuration.
With 1.4.1 or 1.4.1 SR1 it work perfektly.
With 1.4.1 SR3 it schowen everytime "Restore has failed".

Hier my teststeps:
[Version in SPA112] [Teststep]
1.4.1 SR1
1.4.1 SR1 Backup OK (SR1-Backup File: SPA112_1.4.1SR1.cfg)

1.4.1 SR1 Update 1.4.1 SR3 OK "Upgrade is successful"
1.4.1 SR3 Reboot
1.4.1 SR3 Backup OK (SR3-Backup File: SPA112_1.4.1.cfg)
1.4.1 SR3 Restore the SR3-Backup "Restore has failed"

1.4.1 SR3 RESET with ResetButton (more the 20Sek / Full factorydefault)
1.4.1 SR3 Restore the SR3-Backup "Restore has failed" (Only all configurations under "Voice" not restored)

1.4.1 SR3 Restore the SR1-Backup "Restore has failed" (Only all configurations under "Voice" not restored)

1.4.1 SR3 Backup OK (File: SPA112_1.4.1.cfg)
1.4.1 SR3 Restore the Backup "Restore has failed" (Restore from the Backup of the Factorydefault failed!)

1.4.1 SR3 Downdate 1.4.1 SR1 OK "Upgrade is successful"
1.4.1 SR1 Reboot
1.4.1 SR1 RESET with ResetButton (more the 20Sek / Full factorydefault)
1.4.1 SR1 Restore the SR1-Backup OK "Restore is successful" (All configurations restored)

1.4.1 SR1 RESET with ResetButton (more the 20Sek / Full factorydefault)
1.4.1 SR1 Restore the SR3-Backup OK "Restore is successful" (All configurations restored)

In Firmwar 1.4.1 SR3 the restore of a configuration always showen "has failed" and restore not the configuration under "Voice".
All backuped confikurations in 1.4.1 SR3 can in 1.4.1 SR1 (or 1.4.1) sucsesfully restored.
So there ist only way to restore in 1.4.1 SR3 the configuration. Downgrade to 1.4.1 SR1, Factorydefault, Restore configuration, Upgrade to 1.4.1 SR3.
But i think it's a not good solution.

I hope somwer can help me.

48 Replies 48

Hi RonZ_6474, I'm glad it's all working now!

I have an unused SPA122 in the cupboard here but I think its' performance probably makes it of marginal added-value compared with the SPA112, which IMO is an excellent domestic and small-business ATA in "friendly" environments (as Dan remarked).

If you're in the UK or Australia or somewhere which inherited the old British Post Office signalling tones I can give you the ones I put together according the the published AU standards.

And while the SPA echo-cancelling algorithm is very good, optimising the impedance match between 'phone and ATA is well worthwhile in my experience.

Finally, just for the record, I can confirm that an SPA XML-configuration can be loaded into an ATA191-MPP with no problems but I had to confirm that myself after buying one

Hi RonZ,

Did you have any issues accessing the admin page after upgrading to 1.4.1SR5 ?

I've done that and now I can't login with the default admin/admin.  I've done a factory reset multiple times, but it's not working for me.

I can login using the default user cisco, but not with admin.

I'm not RonZ, to whom you addressed your query, but I should point out that a straight firmware upgrade doesn't change the existing priviliged or unprivileged passwords.

If your ATA was supplied by your ISP rather than bought off the shelf, then they've almost certainly configured it so no privileged functions can't be performed by their customers.

This (rather old) discussion is dedicated to backup/restore of configuration. It's bad idea to ask other issue here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: