Views
Helpful
Replies

SPa112 delay before processing call

Lucgervais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I bought a spa112, and i't work fine, but when i try to call from my ata spa112 to a ip phone (internal extension),  i have all the time a delay of 15 seconds  before the processing of the call, except if i press # but if i call from a other ip phone to my ata extension,  the call arrive immediatly.  Do you have a solution for me, i cannot find the option for that on the web page configuration.

Thank you for your help

Luc

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

After fourth digit, the first part of dial plan: xxxxS0 match. S0 order not to wait for next digit, so the number is dialed immediatelly. I assume that the number doesn't exists, so PBX reject it triggering busy tone on phone.

Well, I'm not sure whats your numbering plan, so it's hard to give a hint related to Dial_Plan value.

View solution in original post

Do you have and four digit number starting with 7 ?

1. If no, modify first pattern not to match numbers starting  with 7 (and delete the second pattern at all because it's duplicate of  first pattern).I recommend something like ([012345689]xxxS0|7,xxxxxxxxxxS0)
  2. If yes, then S0 must not be S0. User need to  have time to dial another digit as 7xxx may be either final  four-digit number or prefix to longer number. I recommend something like (xxxxS4|7,xxxxxxxxxxS0)

It is generally better to avoid overlapping numbering plan (e.g. one valid number is prefix of other valid number). So [1] should be preferred whenever possible.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems to be "dial plan" issue. The number you are dialing is not recognized as complete, so the phone is waitinq for next digit until timeout or # (claiming explicit end).

Modify the "Dial Plan" and/or "Interdigit [Long|Short] Timer" according your wishes.

You may consider to read Cisco Small Business SPA100 Series Phone Adapters Administration Guide for further informations.

Hi Dan

i resolve a part of my problem with internal extension with 4 digits, but now the last thinks,i'm not able to dial out. When i press 7 ans start to type my digit, after 4 digit, the phone start to beep. I read the link that you send to me, and i try different option with the same result. i insert my programmation dial in, i dont' see what is wrong on it

(xxxxS0|[0-9]xxx|[3469]11|0|00| 7, xxxxxxxxxx)

Thanks for your help

After fourth digit, the first part of dial plan: xxxxS0 match. S0 order not to wait for next digit, so the number is dialed immediatelly. I assume that the number doesn't exists, so PBX reject it triggering busy tone on phone.

Well, I'm not sure whats your numbering plan, so it's hard to give a hint related to Dial_Plan value.

Hi

we use for inside extension 4 digit, and for external call, we use 7 to take a line, and it's necessary to use 10 digit (area code + phone number) all the time for local call and long distance.

thanks

Do you have and four digit number starting with 7 ?

1. If no, modify first pattern not to match numbers starting  with 7 (and delete the second pattern at all because it's duplicate of  first pattern).I recommend something like ([012345689]xxxS0|7,xxxxxxxxxxS0)
  2. If yes, then S0 must not be S0. User need to  have time to dial another digit as 7xxx may be either final  four-digit number or prefix to longer number. I recommend something like (xxxxS4|7,xxxxxxxxxxS0)

It is generally better to avoid overlapping numbering plan (e.g. one valid number is prefix of other valid number). So [1] should be preferred whenever possible.

Hi

Super it's work perfectly with your recommandation (inside call ans external call)

Thank you so much for your quick answer, i appreciate that

Luc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: