Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa112 line1 green led flashing, no dial tone

dcalbaza69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've recentlty purchased a Cisco Spa112 to replace an old Grandstream adaptor.

I do not have dial tone on device.

I tried to dial **** but no voice prompt.

I am using the device to set up a remote phone line with home country.

The device was remotely configured by my home country engineer.

Name
Value
Link StatusConnected
IP Address192.168.0.106

Line 1 Status
Hook State:    OffRegistration State:    Registered
Last Registration At:    12/20/2012 22:09:14Next Registration In:    142 s

The phone connected to line 1 has no dial tone.

the LED for Line 1 is slowly flashing green

The system LED is solid green and Internet is flashing green.

I have replaced old (UNIDEN cordless phone) with a new cordless phone (VTECH). Same result.

The phones are working properly on my land-line and are set to tone dialing.

What can I try to get the dial tone on the phone line?

Regards

dcalbaza

5 Replies 5

George Spanos
Level 1
Level 1

Have you also replaced the phone cord (RJ-11)? Your screenshot shows it's registered whcih is a good sign but it also thinks that the phone is off-hook (and the LED flashes when the phone is in use), so it could be an issue with the phone cord.

Thanks,

I have changed phone, cord (I have checked them on landline and are ok)

The Off-hook signal is active without any RJ-11 connected to SPA112 => Flashing LED on line 1.

The sip provider technician said that was strange, and could not solve-it

We tried all changes in SPA112 configuration to no avail.

Most likely the SPA112 has a damaged Line1 port, otherwise should not show Off-hook without cable connected to Line1.

I will request a RMA, because there was another post about a similar case, which ended in requesting a RMA.

Thanks for help

Regards,

Dorin

Can you check how many wire do you have in your phone cord?

You must use only 2 wire RJ11 cord (ring and tip). 4 wire cable can cause unexpected behaviour.

Regards.

In my recent experience with these units, I've had a few fail on my exhibiting that behaviour. Looking at the units that have failed, I've noticed that they all have SPA112 V01 on the PID VID barcode on the underside of the unit. I haven't had any V02 units with this yet and all the other V01 units I have deployed (approx 200) are still functioning for the time being. All the units have devices connected via a 2 wire LJU to RJ11 adapter.

fisher.stephen
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently having the same issue as of last night. I updated the firmware to 1.3.1 and line 1 now shows it is off-hook. Line is registered and connected. Tried a few differnet phones connected directly to the unit. Even if I unplug the telephone cord this status remains.

It would seem the Line 1 has failed according to the feedback hear. Any suggestions or should I start an RMA process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: