Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 No line feed

I've just acquired a SPA112 'phone adaptor (pre-owned), but it does not seem to be supplying any line feed to the 'phone - no voltage is discernable at the other end of a known-good RJ-11 lead.  Have I missed something in the manual, or have I been sold a pup?  I have tried setting 'Make Call Without Reg', but this has made no difference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It appears that UK spec telephones with RJ-11 sockets have different wiring specs to US RJ-11 sockets.

UK has A-leg to pin 2, B-leg pin 5 and ringer pin 3; US has tip to pin 3, ring to pin 4.

An interim solution is to use existing line cord from telephone and RJ-11 to BT431 (modem) cord from SPA112 and connect two BT431 plugs together in back-to-back or 'socket doubler' sockets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Analog interface power can't be turned off at all, as far as I know.

Even in the case I'm wrong - it's powered for sure when SPA112 have factory default configuration (because phone can be used to make initial configuration of network settings)..

That's what I was sort of thinking; many thanks for your assistance.

It appears that UK spec telephones with RJ-11 sockets have different wiring specs to US RJ-11 sockets.

UK has A-leg to pin 2, B-leg pin 5 and ringer pin 3; US has tip to pin 3, ring to pin 4.

An interim solution is to use existing line cord from telephone and RJ-11 to BT431 (modem) cord from SPA112 and connect two BT431 plugs together in back-to-back or 'socket doubler' sockets.