cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 not allowing caller id to show

tneu123456
Level 1
Level 1

The new SPA112 ATA is not allowing caller id to be displayed on inbound calls.

ATA has been updated to firmware Spa112-Spa122_1.0.2_006_FW and has been configured for callcentric.

( in USA).

any suggestions ?

59 Replies 59

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Let me say that Cisco understands your frustration. This forum was started by Cisco, so that you the customer not only have a way to voice your opinions about the products (good or bad, mostly bad, but that is ok) and collaborate with each other on issues, but also have a conduit to engineers like myself to assist with issues. While this was mainly intended for helping solve minor issues, it has been a great tool in helping us discover bugs in code similar to what we have here.

As you will note, only 6 days ago, (see above) nseto wrote that this issue has been reported as a bug.

Cisco is currently working on this fix. All bugs are given high priority and will be worked as quickly as possible. As I am sure most of you know. There is more to this process than just simply changing code. There is a process that must be followed. with regression testing to ensure that we don't fix one thing while breaking another.

I cant promise a timeframe in which to expect this. But I can promise that this is being worked on and will be delivered as quick as possible.

Please e-mail me anytime with questions or concerns.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

The software developer has an alpha that address the caller ID issue. The software is currently undergoing internal regression testing. If all goes well, this should get rolled up into a distributable beta by some time next week. Customers who have an open a Service Request that has been escalated to level 2 will be offered the beta once it becomes available.

For thsoe that have not done so, please call the Cisco Small Business Support Center and open a case for this issue. Please reference this thread to get the agent to escalate the case for you.

Here is a contact list:

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

That's a bad link.  Perhaps http://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/contacts/index.html

I tried to open a TAC case, but I'm not a small business with a support contract.

Can you just email us the alpha or beta for testing?

I gave up and just returned my SPA112 to newegg.com. I got tired of not receiving caller ID.

I am sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to just mail out the Beta Firmware, our policy requires a case be opened first.

Please try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html#csb

For North America Customers you can call 1--866-606-1866 and an agent can help you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

I'm currently waiting on the online support chat window - it looks like no one is there, or else over-busy.

My theory on why the caller id is broken is that it is crashing if the string is too long, as only some of my callerIDs come through - mostly those which I've customized on the Asterisk side.  Or I suppose it could be a comma - as my unknown caller IDs come through with the ", " format.

If I don't hear from the online support, I'll try truncating the caller ID to see if that fixes it.

Though, currently, my spa112 stopped working entirely - I can get to the webpage, but it won't register...  I guess it got concerned that I was using the web page too much and turned itself off or something...

I was able to get the beta firmware a few days ago and Caller ID seems to work perfectly now.

For those who are still having the problem, no support contract is required to open a case under warranty.

Curious, how did you manage to get a beta copy of the new firmware ?

I was the one originally reported the bug to cisco and initially started this thread.

I still haven't received a copy of it yet.

I called Cisco support yesterday, spoke with a tech, opened a case, got a call back in about 2 hours.  Spent about an hour on the phone collecting logs with the tech and then within a few hours received the beta agreement email.  The next morning got the download link in email.  I'm quite impressed with the level of service and help I got as an end user not being associated with a business or having a support contract.

Alex Delano was the assigned caseworker, I'm sure you'll get squared away soon.

Mr. Neum,

As was posted about 7 or 8 posts up, please call into the Support Center and open a case. With this still being in a beta format there are some formalities that need to take place before we can release it to you. Once the case is opened, we can get you to our level 2 support that controls the release and they can get you going.

Thank you

Eric Moyers

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

For those wondering the reason why we cant just simply give you the firmware. This firmware is only available to end users with acceptance of a Multiple Use Beta Test Agreement. As soon as we have confirmation that the Multiple Use Beta Test Agreement has been accepted, we will send you the beta code. The reason this is required is simply because this is beta firmware. Your acknowledging that you understand that this has not gone through complete and through testing.

Basically we are trying to get you up and running as quickly as possible. A simplistic progression for firmware is:

Development - where we develop and write the code.

Alpha testing - where we ensure that what we fixed didn't break something else.

Beta testing - where we enlist the support of end users to further test in real world application of the firmware.

Release - where the firmware is release on the Cisco.com web-site for General Public.

Those that are willing to help with this, all we ask is that you acknowledge that you understand.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Heh - I guess you didn't like dale brewe's description of your process, since you erased the comment.  I think his post was exactly on target, and not offensive.  Please don't delete posts just because you don't like them.

I see nothing objectionable in the fact that you don't have a beta-release process prior to the release.  That is just the way you do it.

(If that isn't the case, sign me up, I'm happy to be a beta tester for the next release)

And, if you want me to be a beta tester of new hardware, I can do that as well. 

Sorry I deleted it myself.  Sometimes I post things in a bad mood and thought better of it for the moment. I will say I'm pretty stunned that Cisco could release something w/ a bug in such an obvious and basic function. I wouldn't have been much more stunned if there was a bug that didn't actually allow one to make phone calls.

Ah, good.  I'm on another forum where the owner deletes anything that doesn't agree with him to make his point look better.

Glad to hear it.  It did get a laugh from me at least.