cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 not allowing caller id to show

tneu123456
Level 1
Level 1

The new SPA112 ATA is not allowing caller id to be displayed on inbound calls.

ATA has been updated to firmware Spa112-Spa122_1.0.2_006_FW and has been configured for callcentric.

( in USA).

any suggestions ?

59 Replies 59

So - I left the chat window "connecting to a support representative" open for 6 hours and no one ever responded.  Is there another way to get this beta software, as the chat window method doesn't seem to work.  Maybe I should call on the phone? (If I were you, I wouldn't want people calling on the phone when it was the case of an easy download that could just be emailed, but maybe you have people waiting to answer the phone)

Hello Jon,

You can open a case over the phone. The engineer who takes the call will gather the required information and then escalate the case to a level 2 engineer who will provide you the Multiple Use Beta Test Agreement. As soon as we have confirmation that the Multiple Use Beta Test Agreement has been accepted, we will send you the beta code.

In the US/Canada you can contact the Small Business Support Center at 1-866-606-1866. International numbers can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

-john

Thanks.  The process, for anyone else trying to get the software fix for this caller id bug:

Dial the number that John gave:

866-606-1866

The phone tree prompts are:

1-1-2-1-2-3

And then you get a case number and they verify your SIP provider, your router model, your cable provider, the name of your dog and 25 minutes later say that you will hear within in the next 24-48 hours.

I can't believe that it is worth it to cisco to have the products returned, and the people who are persistent enough to trudge through forums and then take up a half hour of your technical support just to get a download link is worth it.

You must make a ton of money on these devices.  I wouldn't have guessed the profit margin was so high.

The caller id bug is resolved by this issue, so other people using the SPA112 should go through this process.

I did test my theory about the caller ID bug simply being a buffer overflow, since only some of my caller ID names didn't come through, particularly the longer ones, but that wasn't true.  (At least, I truncated it to 15 characters, a value I found on wikipedia or somewhere to be an accepted standard for a max length) and the phone still died.

Perhaps it was the comma that was throwing it off.

In any case, it's fixed.

Thanks.

Hello Guys, Sorry for no response from me on the weekend. Sometimes I check in on the posts over the weekends, but family life had me hopping this weekend.

I wish that I had, Mr Brewer I enjoyed the post on my progression and got a good chuckle out of it this morning. (I didnt get to see the original, but when new posts come in I get an email detailing them), I was scratching my head when it was stated that it had been deleted. Thank you for clearing that up.

Please if I can help with anything let us know here at the forums, or if you like you can mouse over my profile and it should give you my email address.

Eric

Do we have an ETA for the final release of this fix?

According to engineering team, official release will be very soon (within a week). Beta version can still be obtained by opening a case with the Small Business Support Center and having it escalated to L2.

I have the same issue with 1.3.2.  I don't remember with 1.3.1.  I would like to know the good settings that I should put for Caller ID Metthod.  I am located in Montreal, QC and my VOIP provider is VOIP.MS.  They said that everything is ok on their side.  Sometimes I see the Caller ID but sometime not.  I't random...

I'm noticing the same thing.  Mainly there seem to be differences based on the length of the name. I did some testing with Caller ID names of lengths 8, 10, and 14 from 3 different lines (kept using same ones).

1.0.2 - Only works for 8.  Anything above shows no info.

1.1.0 - Works for 8, 10, and 14.

1.2.0 - Fine for 10.  Doesn't work for 14, but will still show phone number, as well as show the number as the name.

1.3.1 - Same as 1.2.0, although it did show the 14 character name a few times, but went away after upgrading to 1.3.2 and back down.  At least means it can work, but no idea what made it work.  Made several calls but won't show name again.

1.3.2 - Same as 1.2.0.

More about the 1.3.1 test:  I upgraded to 1.3.1, and the first call from the 14 char name just showed the phone number.  Then called from a 10 char name phone which worked.  Then tried the 14 char name again and it showed the name.  Tried a couple more times and it still showed the name.  Then I upgraded to 1.3.2, and no name again on the 14 char (several calls).  Downgraded to 1.3.1 and made several calls, and the 14 char name didn't show again.

For now, I may just stick with 1.1.0, since customers are asking for their caller ID to work, but I would like to be up to date as well.

Any news here? I have the SPA-112 with firmware 1.3.2 and no caller id submitted to my device ( Panasoic ). Actually I never saw a caller id on the display since I have this ATA. It worked before with a provider bound box. Do I have to enable something in the settings? In the web interface I see the caller ids, for example under "Last Caller Number" on the information screen.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thx

Hi, I, too, have a Panasonic phone which worked with CallerID like a charm with my previous ISP-supplied router, but wuth the SPA112 firmaware 1.3.3 it is still not working - All calls are displayed as 'private number'.

I can see the incoming numbers in the web interface, again, like you, but it not sent to the phone.

The socalled "correct answer" to this thread is not exactly neither in my opinion and a resolution to this ongoing issue is long overdue!

I have worked for the better part of a year to change all LAN in our home/homeoffice to Cisco products through and through and so far only the SPA112 has given me any resistance.

Kind regards

Morten @ MW Grafisk

Denmark

Same problem here. I am in Sweden and have SPA122 with FW 1.3.3

I had a SPA2102 before that worked ok. It's very frustrating.

This SPA122 only shows 1 or 2 digits if any at all. The configuration is the same as in SPA2102. I have attached a picture. The incoming number shows ok in the web interface. 

Is there an ETA for next FW?

Regards

Lennart

Sweden

Hi All,
Good Day,

Kindly note we i have an issue with caller Id. my customer has the device VE-GD26DL-W of Panasonic connected on our cisco SPA 112. If you open Logs from SPA112, you can clearly see the caller Id from the incoming call but not in analogue phone.

I would appreciate if i have an advice from you.

Thank you!

Create new thread for your issue.

There are so many variants of protocol passing CallerID thru analog line. In new thread you should mention what format is accepted/required by your analog phone.

Thanks for the reply !