Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 - Phone not ringing on incoming calls

Hi,

I have been using SPA112 and Freephoneline (Canada) for a couple of years without issue. Started a couple of days ago, my home phone did not ring when someone called. The caller can hear the ring tone and finally goes to voice mail. If I know some one is calling at that time, I can press answer to answer the phone. The issue is just the phone won't ring. There is no problem to call out.

When I connect the home phone to a regular landline, I can hear the phone rings when some one calls. So the phone is not an issue.

I did not change any settings on the ATA or router (Rogers - Hitron cable modem with wireless router) for quite a while.

I have tried to change the ring waveform, frequency & voltage but still the same. I also just upgraded the firmware to 1.4.1 to see whether it can fix the issue but no luck. I have rebooted the router, ATA. Unplug all the cables.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ravindranj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi PeterW - I'm having the exact same problem as you. Did you manage to get a solution and how?

Thanks,

If

the SPA112 is in the ringing state (capture SIP packets and/or syslog/debug messages to verify it)

*AND*

phone used has worked before but stopped with no apparent reason (e.g. no one has changed *neither* SPA112's configuration nor phone's configuration)

*AND*

phone is ringing when connected to other phone line

THEN

you should consider the RINGER voltage generator inside of SPA112 has failed.

In such case, faulty SPA112 needs to be replaced. If still in warranty, ask seller for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: