Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 problem

VinnyB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SPA112 that was working fine for 6 months. Today, someone called me, it rang one time than it's stopped.

Since then, I was not able to make a single phone call.

The only port I was using was "Phone 1".  The light flashes green all the time (like a call was being made) even if I disconnect the cable. I reboot, restored config, etc. No effect.

Hook state on Line one is always off.

Beside that, the registration with voip.ms is fine.

Anyone has an idea ?

thanks

edit : If I try to reboot to change some config, I always get this :

Changes cannot be applied while calls are in progress. Please try again when phones are idle.

But I'm not making any call...and the cable is disconnected...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use Line 2 (if it works). But line 1 will still be considered "call in progress". You can re-configure it, but then you need power-cycle to apply new configuration. Softare reboot will not work because of Line 1 off-hook.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, analog/POTS line is simple - high impedance/open loop mean on-hook, low impedance and even short circuit mean off-hook. Thus, if the unit shows off-hook (low impedance) even with no line connected at all, it's just broken. While you may try reset to factory default, I'm almost sure it will not help. It's broken beyond repair.

OK... And there is no way to disable this port so I could only use "Phone 2" ?

You can use Line 2 (if it works). But line 1 will still be considered "call in progress". You can re-configure it, but then you need power-cycle to apply new configuration. Softare reboot will not work because of Line 1 off-hook.

Ok thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

So if I understand correctly, Phone 1 port is linked to Line 1 and Phone 2 port to Line 2?

So I'll  need to configure Line 2 to use phone 2 port, right?

ok I moved everything to second phone port and Line 2 and it’s all working.

Port 1 is really dead. I would need to do an RMA.

BTW, I’m used to make enteprise TAC case online only. It seems SMB is phone only ?

@VinnyB wrote:

BTW, I’m used to make enteprise TAC case online only. It seems SMB is phone only ?

Sorry ? I don't understand what you are speaking of here.

If it is about support center, SPA112 is SMB kind of device and SMB support should be contacted. But there are few success stories with SMB support only (not counting responses to trivial questions). Your chances to open TAC ticket for SPA112 are rather low. but if you will be succesfull, your chances for solutions are high.

But the issue you described seems to be simple HW failure. Contact seller, apply for warranty. There's little or no use for a support center.

yeah since it's a one year warranty and it's still valid, I though Cisco would send me a new one.

Seller won't do anything since it's beyond 30 days 

It depends to whom the one year warranty is granted - and under what conditions. But it vary from country to country, so I can't advise.

ok thank you for your help. I appreciate a lot.