cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 SP5 doesn't adjust for DST (Daylight Saving Time)

We have some SPA112s that aren't automatically adjusting for DST, but (I think) seem to adjust fine after a hard reboot.  They display the time one hour off, ie. Standard Time instead of Daylight Saving.  I've tried to replicate the issue, but I haven't been able to replicate with an ATA that's booted up since the time change.  We have both adjust for Daylight Saving Time selected, as well as selected the correct time zone (Central)

The problem seems to be that any SPA112 that was up during the time change doesn't automatically change the time to DST.  This seems to be a problem with new(er) firmwares, as we haven't seen this problem before upgrading to SP5 earlier this year.

A remote reboot doesn't seem to fix this.  I've checked several of the ATAs on our network, and they all have the same issue.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you syslog&debug turned on and captured ? It may disclose what happened.

I've tried to replicate the issue, but I haven't been able to replicate with an ATA that's booted up since the time change. 

Easy to replicate. De-configure NTP or block access to NTP server, then set time manually just few minutes before time change. Then wait few minutes and check results.

But I'm still considering exact matter of issue uncertain. SPA[35]xx phones are using not only NTP to update time - it uses time in SIP packets sent by proxy to phone as well. So time may be adjusted automatically, but then it may be re-adjusted by packet received from SIP proxy ...

Good idea on manually setting the time.  I tried that, set the time to a few minutes before 2am on 3/8/2020.  Submit, time changed.

Then set the time back to "Time Zone", and set ntp to a non-existent server.  After 2am, the time did not reset itself to 3am.

Well. If the same works for pre-SP5 firmware, but not for SP5 it may be caused by firmware bug. Either generic (affects all time zones) or related to the particular time zone you are using.

Syslog&debug messages may disclose more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: