Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 SPA122 Reset button

raisacomhb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

in the new FW 1.2.1 it is possible to enable or disable the reset button.

Is it also possible to restrict the button to reset 'user values' only and to leave the 'admin values' intact? Or to distinguish between a network factory reset and a voice factory reset?

Live long and proper,  ;-)

Eik

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The provisioning file contains the parameter which is called Reset_Button_Enable

Sorry, that wasn't my question/request!

Eik

terryip83
Level 1
Level 1

Under Administration > Factory Defaults, there should be options to choose whether or not to reset the Network and Voice settings separately.

@terryip83: I know, but it has nothing to do with the reset button!

I suggest to extend the values for the Reset_Button_Enable as follow:

0: disable completely

1: enable completely

2: enable restart only

4: reset only network settings

8: reset only voice settings

16: reset only "ua=rw" settings

Values 2 to 16 are bit flags that can be or'ed. Setting bit 1 sets the complete value to 1 (for backward compatibility).

By this the service provider has full control of what the user can reset with this button and what she cannot. The solution now is quite restrictive!

Regards,

Eik

I think currently, if the reset button is enabled, the length of time you hold it down for will determine either a restart only or factory default. But, yeah, it is a neat idea being able to control how much hassle you end up with when a user resets their device. I've had to remote reprovision a few of these already.

@terryip83: by now I advice to disable the reset button completely. The device behaves like the well functioning old legacy devices, that had no reset button. You can save yourself a lot of trouble with your customers and setups ;-)

But why shall one always disable it, if you do have such a neat button? That`s where my feature suggestion comes in :-)

Eik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: