Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 Use

stalahacisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a quick question. Is it possible to use the SPA112 to connect an analog home line to a SIP based voice mail system? If so, can you programthe SPA 112 to only answer the incoming call after a certain number of rings?

Thanks                  

2 Replies 2

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

The SPA 112 can be used to connect to a SIP voice system.  This would be provided by your Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP). 

The device is an analog telephone adapter, that allows your analog phone to make and receive call through the ITSP. 

Answering the call is handled by picking up the handset.  The SPA doesn't really answer the call.

If you are talking about the call going to voicemail, the number of rings to forward to another line or to voicemail is usually handled by the provider, usually in the configuration panels they provide for your account.

There is a feature that lets you forward the call from the phone if there is no answer.  Dial *92, then the number to forward to.  (this doesn't sound like your question tho.

Cfwd No Ans Act Code

Forwards no-answer calls to the extension specified after the activation code.

The default is *92.

Here's the info page for the ATA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11977/index.html

The data sheet link is at the bottom, which has all the features, capablilities, etc.

The administration guide has more information, and is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/administration/guide/ATA_AG_v3_NC-WEB.pdf

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dan

Thanks Dan

The company that work with creates a SIP based voice mail. Actually we are a Cisco partner. The software is called Officelink. What I was thinking of doing was to install this software on a server at my home. Then connected my home phone line to a SPA112. When an incoming call comes in, after say 3 rings, have the SPA 112 route the call to my voice mail. I have read over the docs and I am just not clear if I can make that delay happen.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: