cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 CWCID Issue

George Spanos
Level 1
Level 1

I did my initial testing on firmware v1.2.1-004 and CWCID seems to work intermittently  on some phone models (Brother FAX-575 fax machine/phone combo) and not  at all on AT&T CL2909 model phone. (ATT phone is confirmed as  working with CWCID on another device but doesn't work with SPA122). The CW beep comes in but no name/number is displayed.

I was provided a beta firmware v1.3.0-008 which didn't work and then another version named "CWCIDdbg_001_121212_0842" (no real version number) which does seem to fix the issue. In the meantime TAC had posted a newer firmware v1.3.1-003 which is supposed to fix the general instability of this device. That version fixes the stability issues but doesn't fix the CWCID issues. v1.3.1-003 was officially posted on Cisco's site yesterday.

I'm hoping some other people have experienced this issue so that we can have a fix implemented for this in the next release.

15 Replies 15

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The fix was too late to get into the 1.3.1 release.

The fix will be placed in the 1.3.2 release.

nseto,  What are the specifics of the issue that was found? Is there a bug ID for this issue?

Lance Harper said he gave you the info before.  You may contact him at laharper at cisco.com.

Hello guys,

Is there a release date on this?

Also missing Call Waiting Caller ID. Any ETA ona  fix? How about a beta load?

thanks,

Daryl

mikesussan
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to see this issue resolved. We are a VOIP company who send these units out to customers so any info on when the next release is scheduled would be greatly appreciated.

samfiller
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning to all,

Cisco- It has been 5 months since the last release and a year and half long overdue.

Please can you realese this long awaited firmware.

Thank you for the release!!!

Guys,

Unfortunately it did not fix the issue- even though release notes say it was included.

Now what??

I believe this issue is handset-specific. CID does work with (some) newer handsets but I have had no joy at all with some older ones (e.g. Uniden DSS-7815) and any version of the SPA112 firmware.

My 1 year old Uniden cordless handset (don't have model handy, sorry) works absolutely fine.

*Very* frustrating since the SPA2102 never gave any problems with either handset.........

It does seem to be device specific. We have about 400 of these out in the field, and customers with the older 2102's never had the problems unless we switched them to a 122. Any word on a 1.3.3 firmware? There is still a ton of problems with these devices.

Firmware bug sounds plausible, but it is not only explanation. Another explanation is SDMF/MDMF incompatibility.

• SDMF - Single Data Message Format
  • MDMF - Multiple Data Message Format

SDMF supports a single data type and is used to send the phone  number for number only service.

MDMF supports multiple data types and is used to send name and  number information.

MDMF capable receiver often recognize SDMF messages properly, but SDMF clients doesn't understand MDMF

If SPA2102 use SDMF, SPA122 use MDMF and your phone is SDMF receiver only, then CID will work with SPA2102 but not with SPA122.

Unfortunatelly, format of CID data used by SPA122 and SPA2102 CID seems not to be mentioned in documentation. In advance, it seems not to be configurable.

haraldd01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Uniden digital phone model DCT7488-2; when I am on the phone and someone calls me I hear the click but no caller ID shows up for the incoming call; got me into trouble more than once :)

is this fixed in the current firmware 1.3.3?

Just try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: