Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 - Line 2 won't accept incoming calls with SIP registration

icongdon1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Using SIP regsitration with flowroute.  Have two DIDs registered as line 1 and line 2 using SIP registration.  Line 1 works fine, Line two won't ring in.  Flowroute indicates it's a problem with have two DIDs on a single Auth ID.  Is there a workaraound?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian,

Let's break the scenario into smaller segments.

• SPA122 Line1 is registered to FlowRoute DID#1 using port 5060 and your AuthID
  • SPA122 Line1 is registered to FlowRoute DID#2 using port 5060 and your AuthID

You've also indicated that:

• SPA122 Line2 is registered to FlowRoute DID#1 using port 5061 and your AuthID
  • SPA122 Line2 is registered to FlowRoute DID#2 using port 5061 and your AuthID

An external caller dials DID#1, FlowRoute will send the call to either port 5060 or port 5061, depending on their internal routing. If they send it to port 5060, Line1 will ring, if they send it to 5061, Line2 will ring. Given that Line2 never rings, it appears that FlowRoute always send the call to either the first registered or the lowest SIP port.

Alternatively, you may have Line1 registered to DID#1 port 5060 using your AuthID and Line2 registered to DID#2 using port 5061 using your AuthID.

FlowRoute may route calls based on the first registration associated with the AuthID.

Most service providers only allow one SIP registration per AuthID, but will allow multiple DIDs per AuthID, this means that you could register an Asterisk server or some other PBX to handle internal call distribution based on DIDs.

In your situation, you'll probably be better off with two accounts, each with its own AuthID and DID so each line of your SPA122 can be registered.

Regards,

Patrick---

Ok, here's my setup:

SPA122 - Line 1: Using SIP Registration, is registered to Flowroute DID1 using port 5060 and my AUTHID

SPA122 - Line 2: Using SIP Registration, is registered to Flowroute DID2 using port 5061 and my AUTHID

Strictly speaking, I can use two flowroute acocunts to register each line to a different AUTHID, and everything works fine, but as this is for my business, that is kind of a pain to manage an extra billing account.

The goal here is for me to have my my main business DID1, and then if that is busy, to roll over to DID2 on Line 2 of my phone.  Based on what your saying, this might be possible without the use of DID2, and just have each channel of my DID1 go to a different port on the SPA122, is this correct?

When I try configuring DID1 to both line 1 and 2 on different ports, the second call doesn't ring through to Line two it gives me a 'call waiting tone' on Line 1.

Thanks for the help, and all problems seem to have evaporated wen using static IP's and not behind NAT/Double NAT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: