cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 reboots on incomming call

PaulMin
Level 1
Level 1

My SPA122 reboots when a call to it is received. I get the dial tone, can call out but when I call the number from my mobile, it instantly reboots the ATA.

Can anybody suggest how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PaulMin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone. It has been solved.

It turns out that the SPA122 was sent with an incorrect power supply by the eBay seller. The box contained a 0.15Amp PS instead of 2Amp that is the standard. There wasn't enough power to process the incoming call and the adapter crashed each time. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Sounds like a crash. Have you tried upgrading the firmware?

I have and I am on the latest available firmware as far as I can see.
1.4.1SR1 (002) Aug 2 2017

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Matter of configuration/firmware version/content of incoming INVITE packet.

Cause needs to be identified first.

Upgrade firmware to most recent one. Turn on debugging of Voice application (highest level possible) and catch messages. Catch SIP packets as well. It will help you/us to narrow the cause.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give me an idea of how to set it up? What values do I enter to the System configuration and the Miscellaneous settings? What would be the Syslog server and the Debug server?
Thanks for your help,

Cheers, Paul

You need to have/provide syslog server. Value of Syslog server is the IP of such server.

Read Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA

PaulMin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone. It has been solved.

It turns out that the SPA122 was sent with an incorrect power supply by the eBay seller. The box contained a 0.15Amp PS instead of 2Amp that is the standard. There wasn't enough power to process the incoming call and the adapter crashed each time. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: