cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 Recovery Process?

George Spanos
Level 1
Level 1

I had downgraded to 1.0.2(006) via provisioning from 1.2.1-004 to test a call waiting w/ caller ID feature that doesn't work on 1.2.1-004 but now the device is acting sketchy.

When I login to the GUI as "admin", no matter what tab I click on top (Quick setup, Network Setup, Voice, Administration, Status), the left frame only shows "Quick Setup" and not the sub-categories that apply to each section. The larger frame shows the initial section of each category. When I login as "cisco" I see a few more things but I can't do anything helpful from that account.(see attached screenshots).

I have tried to reset to factory defaults w/ a paperclip to the hard reset button...it seems to have reverted to default passwords but after I reboot the device I am able to get to the QuickSetup & Voice page and see it's still got my Line 1 and Line 2 configuration in there. Then after a minute or so those 2 pages go back to showing "Voice module not ready." Believe it or not the phone works right after the device comes up from a reboot then it's gone after a minute.

Here's what I tried:

I read in the Admin guide that there's a way to apply the "Recovery Firmware" (shown in Status) or to retry a failed upgrade. The book says after a failed upgrade to login as user "cisco" and you will be immediately directed to the Revoery Firmware area.... I don't get that page.

Is there any other way I can get this SPA back on to the newest firmware 1.2.1-004?

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer browser ? Then try to use a Gecko based one (Seamonkey, Firefox or so).

I've tried IE and Firefox, same result. I have another SPA which works fine using the same browser. It's an odd issue. I think upgrade/downgrading firmware broke it which is concerning considering we'll be using these for production customers in the near future..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: