Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 - Retaining provisioning and admin data after hard (pin) reset

davidparr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I require some assitance in configuring the SPA122 so that it does not go to factory default settings when there is a hard (pin) reset but rather resets everything except for admin level options. We are aware that you can block factory reset via the IVR but would like to also prevent removal of provisioning and admin data when factory reset using a physical pin/paperclip on the back of the device.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

laharper
Community Member

Hello David,

The next firmware release of SPA112 and SPA122 will provide a configurable parameter to prevent the ATA from going back to the factory default settings when the reset button is depressed for longer than 10 seconds.

This feature will be configurable from the GUI or as a downloadable (provisionable) parameter.

This next firmware release is expected to be available early this summer.

Best regards,

-Lance Harper

Cisco Systems, Inc.

"This next firmware release is expected to be available early this summer."

By the summer are you kidding me?   as a consumer this not acceptable,

As of the current firmware they're a few bugs should be fixed right now (hint = MWI bug & DMTF related issues) something like this should've been working from Day One or v 1.0 firmware, esp. with the name Cisco stamped on the side the unit!  There is a difference when you are releasing a product to market and living upto the "Brand name" or relying on "Brand name" to sell units.  So far all I see is "relying" part,  this should never have been release period, even in its current firmware state!

Now as a small VoIP service provider

We can't find stock of new 2102 units anywhere, because all they have  are SPA112 & 122 units! what am I suppose to give my customers or recommend to them when a simple thing like  "VMWI" doesn't correctly work and makes my new customers mad! all because of a stuck mwi light!  I was lucky and found a few used 2102 to replace their 122 units that they had purchased just to keep them happy and keep them as clients.

Because if nothing can be pushed very soon to fix a basic problems like I mentioned and a few others thats have been posted, that has been know about for months., Then its time to look else where just to keep current and get new customers!

I'm inclined to agree with Scott's comments.

I too, am not impressed with the lack of QA testing of Cisco small business SPA products that have been prematurely pushed out the door, over the past couple years...

laharper
Community Member

Hello,

We have a pre-release of the SPA1x2 firmware that disables the Reset button from resetting the device back to the factory defaults... only the reboot functionality will be in effect when pressed.

Please open a case with our support center who can then provide the firmware to you.

Information can be found at the following website:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

-Lance Harper

Cisco Systems, Inc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: