Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 Voip ATA adapter issue - 1 way audio

craig.herod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hoping someone can provide me an 'ah ha' response, followed by a 'you fixed my problem, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You' response!

I'm not a hard core techie, so I'll do my best to explain what I've done so far....

I recently decided to signup for voip service.  I purchased the SPA122 ATA adapter, configured it (after purchasing the voip key code), and voila I had dialtone and could make outbound calls .......... The problem is, the person on the other end could hear me, but I couldn't hear them?!  In bound calls ring on the phone, but same issue (caller can hear me, but I can't hear caller).

I played around with a bunch of the setting on the ATA, but nothing seems to work?  I changed the ATA settings to 'bridged' since I have my Telco DSL router, and my Cisco EA4500 router is plugged in the Telco router. The ATA adapter is plugged in the Cisco Router.

Here's the test calls I made:

1. Call from analog phone via ATA to home phone.  Home phone rings.  I can hear person on ATA phone, but they can't hear me.

2. Call from home phone to ATA phone.  ATA phone rings.  I can hear person on ATA phone, but they can't hear me.

Result:  1 way audio from home phone to ATA, but no Audio from ATA phone?  How do I fix the issue so I get Audio from the ATA phone??

I've read a post that i need to change my Telco router to a bridge in order for this to work properly?  Does that make sense?          

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Check if you router has a sip alg setting the nat configuration area.  If so, enable that.

If not, you'll have to configure the nat settings in the phone.  Consult the admin guide for details on the various settings there.

If you need need to troubleshoot further, you can obtain debug log from the phone so you can see where the audio is trying to be routed to.  Details at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862