Helpful
Replies

SPA122 Voip ATA adapter issue - 1 way audio

craig.herod
Level 1
Level 1

SPA122 Voip ATA adapter issue - 1 way audio

Hi All,

Hoping  someone can provide me an 'ah ha' response, followed by a 'you fixed my  problem, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You' response!

I'm not a hard core techie, so I'll do my best to explain what I've done so far....

I  recently decided to signup for voip service.  I purchased the SPA122  ATA adapter, configured it (after purchasing the voip key code), and  voila I had dialtone and could make outbound calls .......... The  problem is, the person on the other end could hear me, but I couldn't  hear them?!  In bound calls ring on the phone, but same issue (caller  can hear me, but I can't hear caller).

I  played around with a bunch of the setting on the ATA, but nothing seems  to work?  I changed the ATA settings to 'bridged' since I have my Telco  DSL router, and my Cisco EA4500 router is plugged in the Telco router.  The ATA adapter is plugged in the Cisco Router.

Here's the test calls I made:

1. Call from analog phone via ATA to home phone.  Home phone rings.  I can hear person on ATA phone, but they can't hear me.

2. Call from home phone to ATA phone.  ATA phone rings.  I can hear person on ATA phone, but they can't hear me.

Result:   1 way audio from home phone to ATA, but no Audio from ATA phone?  How  do I fix the issue so I get Audio from the ATA phone??

I've read a post that i need to change my Telco router to a bridge in order for this to work properly?  Does that make sense?          

Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

1 Reply 1

Sounds like a NAT problem.

If your VoIP provider supports STUN, configure STUN server under VOICE - SIP - NAT SUPPORT PARAMETERS.

If you have a public static ip address, configure EXT IP under VOICE - SIP - NAT SUPPORT PARAMETERS.

Enable NAT MAPPING and NAT KEEPALIVE under VOICE - LINE 1 or 2 - NAT SETTINGS.

Regards.