cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 with 1.2.1 won't save certain DTMF settings

jberenbaum
Level 1
Level 1

Upon upgrading the SPA122 to firmware 1.2.1 I found that outbound DTMF tones were no longer being seen properly by remote systems.  Using the device web interface and changing the Line 1 "DTMF Tx Method" to "InBand" (using "Submit") successfully fixes the problem (G.711 and good link).  However I find that after a reboot or power cycle the setting always reverts back to its "Auto" setting therefore again breaking DTMF.

It appears that the SPA122 with 1.2.1 is not actually saving the "DTMF Tx Method" setting.

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

are you doing provisioning or remote configuration on the device?  That could overright the dtmf parms.

Does it do the same thing when you set it for AVT or invite?

dlm...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

are you doing provisioning or remote configuration on the device?  That could overright the dtmf parms.

Does it do the same thing when you set it for AVT or invite?

dlm...

Thank you.  That is what is happening.  I had performed the configuration change directly on the device.  When I locally disable remote provisioning the overwrite on reboot does not occur. 

... Next step is to dig in to why the "DTMF Tx Method" "Auto" setting yielded successful outbound DTMF in firmware version 1.1.0 but "Auto" fails to yield usable DTMF for me in 1.2.1.

Thanks, jb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: