Replies

SPA232D dial plan for multiple SIP accounts

RegSawilla
Level 1
Level 1

My setup / use case is the following:

* SPA232D

* Calls are placed via analog phone connected to the phone port

* 2 SIP user ids and passwords at my SIP provider (didlogic) with different phone numbers

* All directly dialled numbers (no #9 prefix) should route through the first SIP username (e.g., user1/password1)

* Calls prefixed with #9 should route through the second SIP username (e.g., user2/password2)

Examples: 

* Dialling 1-800-555-1212 should route through proxy server sip.didlogic.net with userid/password: user1/password1

* Dialling #9 1-800-555-1212 should route through proxy server sip.didlogic.net with userid/password: user2/password2

How should I configure the dial plan for this to happen?

Thank you,

Reg

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, first I should note the SPA1x2/SPA232D devices has never been designed to be "smart PBX". They are just POTS<->SIP bridge. So, "call routing" is out of scope of this device.

Fortunately,  there's some not so bright light on the end of tunnel.

Read DialPlan string for SPA122 with <@sip-operator;uid/usr=; pwd= > including the comments.

Note such feature needs to be considered undocumented.

Don't hesitate to ask if you will face an issue with it. Disclose device's voice application log captured as well as SIP packets captured in such case - it will help us to analyze it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: