cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3000 Not Registering

hectorahinojosa
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a voip system that will hopefully use the voip system to talk to each other and use a local pstn line to reach the outside world. The way I have everything installed is as follows.

SPA9000 Voip Server:

SPA941 IP Phone

SPA 3000 ATA Gateway for pstn line.

The problem is that though I can make voip calls between the phones setup for this I cannot get an outside dial tone from the SPA3000 or route external calls into the voip network. I have found no documentation clear enough for this configuration. Please help with details about pstn line bridge for incoming and outgoing calls.

The SPA3000 is not registering with the SPA900.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

View solution in original post

Hector,

The SPA3000 will not register to the SPA9000 you will need a SPA400 if you want to add PSTN connectivity to a SPA9000.

The SPA400 supports up to 4 PSTN lines  and registers to the SPA9000 consuming one of the SIP lines. 

The SPA3000 was released much earlier than the SPA9000/SPA400 combination and was not supported gateway.

Regards,

Randy

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Thanks just moved it to the right discussion board. Hope people find it now :)

Hector,

The SPA3000 will not register to the SPA9000 you will need a SPA400 if you want to add PSTN connectivity to a SPA9000.

The SPA400 supports up to 4 PSTN lines  and registers to the SPA9000 consuming one of the SIP lines. 

The SPA3000 was released much earlier than the SPA9000/SPA400 combination and was not supported gateway.

Regards,

Randy

Thanks for the clarification! I spent hours trying to figure it out. One question though. What kind of connectivity do the 3000 and 9000 have? There a lot of how to manuals from cisco about the 3000 and the 9000 and configuring them together? I suppose this is to accomplish something different thana voip yo pstn bridge?

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hector,

Here is some additional info on the SPA3000 with SPA9000.

You can try to register the SPA3000 to the SPA9000 via the PBX side ipaddr:6060.   Just like a SPA IP Phone registers to the SPA9000 and assign a 3 digit extension just like the phones.  Then from a IP Phone  dial the 3 digit extension of the SPA3000 and then you can get secondary dial tone and try to dial out the PSTN interface.

With a SPA400 the PSTN lines are associated as a trunk (line) and the secondary dialing is not needed.

Randy

Ohhh i see, thanks for your great insight. I just ordered an SPA400 and am waiting for it to come in now. Realyy appreciate it and hope to get it working soon but if not i will be back on here.

Could you provide more details about how to register the 3000 with a 3 digit extension. The 4000 i ordered hasnt even been shipped and i cant get the system going even temporarily.

Thanks,

Hector,

Can you email me your SPA9000 config and also the SPA3000 config?

rbordner@cisco.com

login to spa9000 -> voice tab -> admin / advanced and then file save via your web browser and attach that via email and also do the same for SPA3000.  Let me look at screens and I'll highlight required changes and you can test from there.

(Also email me the IP address of SPA9000) it might not show in the saved config

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: